Is Premium Worth It???

MrBalloone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

There seems to be confusion between account levels and what they offer:

• Basic account - you cannot own mainland or have a Linden home. You cannot host an experience and you do not get any stipend. You have a smaller allowance on resource requiring things such as group membership, stored offline messages, etc. However, you can still do most SL things (buy/sell Linden, create groups at the $L 100 fee, upload textures/animations/sounds for $L 10 each, etc). Cost is 0.00 or free.
  • "plus" accounts - allows you to buy mainland, gives you 512 land allowance (first 512 sqM is tier-free), and $L 150 a week stipend, and 8 more groups than basic) Cost is 5.99 a month or 65.99 annual.
  • "premium" accounts - allows you to buy mainland, allows you to have a free linden home OR a 1024 sqM tier-free mainland parcel allowance, $L 300 a week stipend, 22 more groups than basic, more stored instant messages, and ability to host one land experience, online chat support during business hours and a few other things. Cost is 9.99 a month or 99.00 annual.
  • "Premium Plus" accounts - allows you to buy mainland, allows you to have a free Linden home, 2048 sqM tier-free mainland parcel allowance (can be split between mainland and Bellisseria homes or used all on mainland),  $L 650 a week stipend, 92 more groups than basic, even more stored instant messages than premium, ability to host 2 land experiences, free texture/sound/animation uploads, cheaper group creation fees, phone and/or online chat support during business hours, and a few other things. Cost is 29.99 a month or 249.00 annual.

Each person has to decide what is "worth it" to him/her. For example, if you want to own land, you need one of the non-basic premium accounts. If you want to have a free Linden Home, you need Premium or Premium Plus. If you want to have your own experience, you need premium or premium plus, etc.

For me personally, I need a lot of groups because I am in leadership in multiple areas that each require several groups, plus I own an SL store, etc. Last December I got to the point where 70 groups were not enough for my needs; so Premium Plus became "worth it" to me because I want/need more than 70 groups.

If you dont want or need any of the services that the paid accounts provide, then they are probably not worth it to you and why pay for something you dont need or want. But when you want/need something, then you tend to be more willing to pay for it.

Could we please just call the different plans Basic, Basic Plus, Premium, and Premium Plus, since LL didn't want to go with my Basic, Economy, and Premium suggestion.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 16/04/2023 at 05:42, Quistess Alpha said:

premium ainda paga pelo upload, acho que existe para contrastar com o premium plus, que não paga pelos uploads.

Bom dia.

Sou conta Premium Plus desde Julho passado. Anteriormente tinha conta Premium somente e sempre fiz upload de minhas fotos. Actualmente como assinante PP nunca mais consegui fazer upload de minhas fotos do pc para o SL. 

Será que faço da forma errada. Podem ajudar-me, por favor?

Obrigada.

2 hours ago, Aradhana Luminos said:

<google translate>

Good morning.

I've been a Premium Plus account since last July. Previously I had Premium account only and I always uploaded my photos. Currently, as a PP subscriber, I have never been able to upload my photos from my pc to SL. Am I doing it the wrong way? Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Your account status shouldn't change how you upload files to SL. It's probably an issue with your viewer. Use an older version if you still have a copy, or try switching to a different viewer. Ask around in your viewer's support group if it has one. (Cool VL Viewer is a good choice for debugging viewer differences, as it's the most 'different' from other viewers.)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.