You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:03 AM, MrBalloone said:
  1. If you're content with an ugly, tiny starter home then I guess so. If you plan to get a proper looking home then this is completely useless as you have zero modify rights to the linden home
  2. The stipend offsets a bit of the premium cost I guess. You get ~$1USD of $L per week, do the math
  3. This is a joke and pretty much 100% useless
  4. This is also a joke and pretty much 100% useless as there are 500 other non-premium sandboxes you can go to that are 100% identical
  5. If you plan to get your account hacked every other week, or is completely illiterate in technology and need remote access to install SL on your computer, then I guess this is useful. Otherwise why in the world would people expect tech support for a second life account? Firestorm viewer support group is literally 10x more useful than this as LL employees are pretty much clueless
  6. Again useless unless you plain to actually own land in "popular areas", i.e. commercial sims not residential ones
  7. What? You have immediate access to adult only areas as a non-premium as long as you have payment info on file, which you'd have as a premium cause you already paid money. I don't know wtf this one is talking about
  8. One of the few actual useful benefits. As a non-premium, if you like dressing up, 42 slots will run out insanely quickly as every damn shop wants you to join their group
  9. Absolutely useless. The only sims that will EVER have capped traffic are the monthly shopping events, which usually clear up within 1-2 days. SL is not at its prime anymore. This isn't WoW at launch where 50k players queue up to log in, don't kid yourself. There are also ways to get into these full sims as non-premium, just search around
  10. Absolutely useless. I've been in SL for over 10 years and I have never heard of any "premium only events", or at least any that are worth attending. They're not exactly doing themselves a favour in terms of revenue if they limit their sim to premium only now are they?
  11. I guess it's useful if you want to troll around
  12. Unless you're the designer of an insanely popular shop, again absolutely useless. Even if you're a social butterfly you will not be getting that many IM's while you're offline, unless your friends are all idiots
  13. Useless cause you can just export the list every month

Imo #8 is the only benefit I'd find useful, therefore premium is not worth it (for me). There are other benefits if you plan to own a shop or own land.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

For me, the stipend combined with the Linden Home is worth it.  I wanted a home in Second Life, as well as the extra spending linden that I get weekly - comparing the costs of most rentals that I was interested in along with my typical budget in second life, I am saving money.  Having a house on my property that does not count against my LI is nice, so is the ability to have a skybox above it.  

When it was cheaper, I had 3 premium accounts which I used to maintain a 4096 plot, at the current rate though, it just is not worth it to me to fork out nearly $400 USD a year for such a small parcel of land, especially when I can get 4 regions which cost almost half of that on a moderately priced opensim region.  For people that really want a spot in SL at a cheaper rate than buying it outright, then it probably would be worth it when you consider the stipend though.

All of the other benefits are of no real interest to me,  I never use them.  

It really depends on what you want out of SL.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Istelathis.

"For me, the stipend combined with the Linden Home is worth it.  I wanted a home in Second Life, as well as the extra spending linden that I get weekly - comparing the costs of most rentals that I was interested in along with my typical budget in second life, I am saving money.  Having a house on my property that does not count against my LI is nice, so is the ability to have a skybox above it. "

I I started with a loft LL home back in the day. Then progressed to owning 1/3 and then full sim for several years, each has its pros and cons.  In an effort to save RL money in uncertain economic times I chose to sell all and move back into an LL home.  (pictured below is my first LL home.)  it was a great place for two people.  Everywhere i have lived I noticed 90% of homes are empty prim palaces used for changing or sexual activities. but no one typically uses them for entertaining guests or enjoying some down time. So they are paying for what?

I looked at that and realized wow I'm paying a lot of $ USD  either renting from others or owning the land so I can have a prim palace.  When as a premium member,2053822994_Snapshot_WrothsPlaceOldGomez(19942)-Moderate.png.9620be116f16c43964e6f1128c630334.png I can get a free home and pocket the stipend.. It was a no brainer for me.. 

~Peace~

Did you ever think that being popular in SL, Is like sitting at the cool table in the mental ward?

Edited by vladimir Wroth
  • Like 3
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 61 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.