Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AkashaRazorhawk

Windows 10 64 bit and firestorm 64 bit issues

Recommended Posts

I moved this here because I think I posted in the wrong part of the forum earlier.

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with running firestorm viewer 64 bit on a windows 10 64 bit system. Does anyone know why it lets the 32 bit version run but not the 64 bit?

when it first starts up and you see the part where its checks your system it stalls as checking the "intializing VFS".

 

my system is:

Windows 10 1809 Enterprise 64 bit

Intel core i3-2120 cpu 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 9.17.10.4459

my last PC before it blew up ran Windows 8.1 enterprise both PCs were bought at yard sales with no backup disks. The Win 8.1 Comp allowed both versions of FS to run and it was a 64 bit system as as well and also an Intel I3 core pc with 4 GB of RAM.

I can run the 32 bit on this current system but I have been experiencing a lot of freezes and crashes. Any suggestions on how to run the 64 bit to see if it would run better than the 32 would greatly be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AkashaRazorhawk said:

Intel core i3-2120 cpu 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 9.17.10.4459

Windows 10 doesn’t have proper drivers for the Intel HD 2000 graphics in that CPU. You should probably get a better video card.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AkashaRazorhawk said:

Thank you for the reply Lyssa. the graphics card is built into the motherboard and I cant get a new one right now.

Can't get a video card or a new motherboard? As long as the computer has expansion slots, you shouldn't have to get a new motherboard to add a video card to replace the onboard graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, AkashaRazorhawk said:

....Does anyone know why it lets the 32 bit version run but not the 64 bit?

when it first starts up and you see the part where its checks your system it stalls as checking the "intializing VFS"...

Since the 32bit version runs but the 64bit doesn't then you probably need to make a clean install.

Go have a look at Firestorms FAQ how its properly done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2020 at 7:42 AM, Mollymews said:

i think Akasha means that they are not able to get a new video card at this time

Yes, that is what I mean.

 

On 6/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, Nick0678 said:

Since the 32bit version runs but the 64bit doesn't then you probably need to make a clean install.

Go have a look at Firestorms FAQ how its properly done.

already tried that and still didnt work.

 

On 6/27/2020 at 5:01 PM, Lyssa Greymoon said:

Windows 10 doesn’t have proper drivers for the Intel HD 2000 graphics in that CPU. You should probably get a better video card.

This was in fact the problem. Ty Lyssa. I'll just keep using the 32 bit version of FS till I get a video card or a new pc that can run the 64 one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...