EEP & Other SL Viewers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

In the SL viewer, the new EEP settings are gorgeous and work as intended. However, I am not having the same results in Firestorm or Black Dragon and thought I'd come here to ask for some advice.

Both non-SL viewers continue to spawn their own clouds (these can be temp derezzed in the advanced menu), and moon. The overall environment in these viewers is very bright and colors are washed out. I've attributed this to differences in the haze and density settings for atmosphere and lighting. 

Any tips on how to get EEP to look the same across these viewers? If not, what are some strategies deployed to let non SL viewer users know that the sim EEP settings may not be optimal for their viewers.

Thank you. 

Edit: I tried using the P-Haze day track and that works fine in all viewers. I think my issue with my own person EEP is with the haze settings. While in Firestorm, I can modify these settings and the extreme highlights and washed out colors go away - but this is a manual process and doesn't impact the sim beyond my own personal settings.

Edited by Pablo Nova

3 minutes ago, sandi Mexicola said:

As far as FS goes, I think we just need to wait until EEP is actually implemented in FS.

Yes, this is most likely what I need to do. Just wait and use an older WL setting that works across all viewers. Thanks!

Black Dragon uses the same EEP as the official viewer, it was completely redone from scratch for EEP based on the LL Viewer and all changes affecting how lighting works are completely separated options. Given you use the same settings in both Viewers it should look exactly the same since its exactly the same rendering code.

A semi-related question from one who has yet to experience EEP beyond the oversized stars in some windlight settings.....

When EEP gets released to the viewer I am using (Firestorm) does that means that windlight settings people have assigned in parcel descriptions no longer function and if they want others to continue to experience them they need to convert them to parcel level EEP? I guess when I really mean is does EEP on a client meant windlight is defunct on that same client?

And of course, you could try the Cool VL Viewer v1.27.0 which got both Windlight and Enhanced/Extended Environment support and the two corresponding renderers.

It is also unaffected by the ruined parcel/region environment, even when using the Windlight renderer, because it uses the EE parcel settings and translates them into WL ones to render them...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

And of course, you could try the Cool VL Viewer v1.27.0 which got both Windlight and Enhanced/Extended Environment support and the two corresponding renderers.

It is also unaffected by the ruined parcel/region environment, even when using the Windlight renderer, because it uses the EE parcel settings and translates them into WL ones to render them...

I'd not heard of that viewer so went to the TPV page to find out more but could not find it listed there. A quick quack from DuckDuckGo led me to the site and then I found out why I probably had not heard of the viewer - Windows or Lunix only. Guess what OS I run?

Yep MacOS so sorry - I'm not likely to be running that any time soon.

Edited by Jon Nova
  • Like 1

I thought I remembered a link on the Cool VL Viewer site for a Mac OS version: it's still there on the page, links to a forum thread on the site. Go to the last page, there are recent v1.26 and v1.27 compiles but the 1.27 compile looks a version behind. Check the release notes, there are some very welcome improvements in v1.26.24.23

I hope the Lindens don't get ratty about posting a link Late June 2020 MacOS compile of Cool VL Viewer.

I'm using 1.27.0.3 under Linux without problems, other than side effects of the UI differences.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 11:38 AM, Rowdy Rover said:

A semi-related question from one who has yet to experience EEP beyond the oversized stars in some windlight settings.....

When EEP gets released to the viewer I am using (Firestorm) does that means that windlight settings people have assigned in parcel descriptions no longer function and if they want others to continue to experience them they need to convert them to parcel level EEP? I guess when I really mean is does EEP on a client meant windlight is defunct on that same client?

Supposedly yes, these will be made redundant as the parcels now have a settings tab dedicated to EEP.

For what I can see, all the "default" windlight settings have been converted to EEP assets and are in the default Library.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.