Avatars with Detached Parts - Why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why am I seeing avatars with detached body parts and clothing ? 

It's this way with the most recent SL viewer and Firestorm - some avatars are a collection of mobile parts.

Is it a setting I can change to allow for the complexity, or is the avatar's product badly made?

Teo examples: the one with the dress at right angles and the guy whose head and hat are floating about.

SL strange things.jpg

SL strange things 2.png

59 minutes ago, Nefertiti Nefarious said:

SL strange things.jpg

First of all, update your viewer! BoM has been supported by all viewers, including third party viewers and the fact you see that blue texture on the upper body and the yellow one on the bottom, shows that you are using a way outdated viewer and not "the most recent SL viewer and Firestorm" as you claim.

So upgrade, and see if that helps.

1. Any TPV that you get is going to list their newest release - it is not "according to them", it simply is the newest release of that TPV
  2. Body parts tend to float while an Avatar is loading in - this is unavoidable, if after a few minutes the body parts are still floating then you might have a problem
    1. Said problem might not be related directly to the Viewer itself - it could well be some other problem

On 6/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, Nefertiti Nefarious said:

My viewer is up to date, according to Second Life ...

Firestorm Linux latest version is 6.3.9.58205 and mine is 6.3.2.58052  ... I'll update and see if it helps.

SL Viewer up2date.png

You can delete the LindenLabs Official Viewer for Linux cause it hasn't been updated since 2017.  It's just listed there for cosmetic reasons i suppose.

Just stick with Firestorm.

Regarding the floating parts .. the avatar is still loading.

Might take forever to load depending on your internet connection, number of avatars in region, number of impostors, your CPU/GPU/RAM/SWAP usage, etc.

Give it time to load or adjust your Graphics Settings to lower specs.

It seems to be a bit region-related - even with a crowd of avatars, Luskwood was OK, and a different region not OK.

And badly designed meshes for avatars seem to be a factor.

So I set prefs to minimize the effect and will ignore the rest.

But the Rambo-styled avatar with his boots circling his head, which was offset from his neck by a meter or so,  and rifle up his butt was amusing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.