Jump to content

The Cabinet of Curiosities, Bellisseria


Chloe Bunny
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I am setting up a Cabinet of Curiosities in the bottom floor of my home at Oleander - would any makers have a donation to contribute? It will start off with a collection of strange items I have bought or made within my ten SL years and is intended as a fun little attraction that will hopefully have a rotation of weird things for people to wander in and see / seasonal reasons to visit. There will also be some gifts made by myself for decor in your home and garden. Because we are near the railway there will probably be a homage to English steam Railways ( I grew up with steam trains and I am English) ... if you do have any donations please PM me. I've only just taken this parcel so it may take a while to come together :)

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

I have a massive dragonfly that would look great there!! It's actually rather new and mesh 🤣

It sounds great I know I don't have one of those. Keep them coming! I found a coffee machine that is 20 prims. I even think I had that out once upon a time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Elena Core said:

This is a great quality creation actually ... The rest of my 'oddities' are just too old and crappy...

 

I love it! Does it shrink down a little?!! I will see what I come up with in the morning I am signing off for the eve :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Blue Luckstone said:

I have ancestors who worked for GWR ~ that's all I have to offer 😕

That's pretty cool I hope they stayed safe rail building could be dangerous.

My father introduced me to the steam life so when we got another rail parcel thought let's do something interactive with it. Also moving to the Victorian theme, (my RL family includes a famous Victorian historian on the TV a lot) we like the era and I do love working with the themes put forward by linden homes so really, just some fun and something else to see 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

That's pretty cool I hope they stayed safe rail building could be dangerous.

My father introduced me to the steam life so when we got another rail parcel thought let's do something interactive with it. Also moving to the Victorian theme, (my RL family includes a famous Victorian historian on the TV a lot) we like the era and I do love working with the themes put forward by linden homes so really, just some fun and something else to see 

I am really looking forward to seeing all this, I think it's a great idea!

I could waffle on about my ancestors, or my dad being a train spotter as a lad...and I now have his model trains, which hubby has now taken over the spare room to play with! 

Thank you for creating something new to see in SL 😊

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Blue Luckstone said:

I am really looking forward to seeing all this, I think it's a great idea!

I could waffle on about my ancestors, or my dad being a train spotter as a lad...and I now have his model trains, which hubby has now taken over the spare room to play with! 

Thank you for creating something new to see in SL 😊

My dad and his brothers cut holes in the walls of their homes to connect multiple rooms of trains my uncle had the whole top floor of the house I think my aunt just gave up!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little more of our space which I am hoping to open up within the week. Thanks all who have offered items and who have been in touch if you don't see your item yet it may be that it comes in on Halloween - currently the Summer exhibits are being put up! 

Snapshot_053.png

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are now open!

The summer exhibits and free items are all up I am still tweaking a couple of things but due to the pesky RL opening now seems like a good option. 

Everything is designed to be admired or played with so touch everything and see what happens. 

Thanks to all who have donated items - I will have turnarounds / new exhibits on Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, Easter and Summer when the freebies will also change. 

There is also more than a nod to railways and places to watch the trains go by, admire the sunrise over the sea or take a trip to the lighthouse.

If you have donated and can't see your item it will be coming in one of the next exhibits as I am just finding my feet. Very grateful to you all for supporting the idea of turning the lower half of my home into a little attraction. 

Have fun!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oleander/135/36/32 

Snapshot_047.png

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a cool exhibition Chloe!!!! I was expecting something like this, it is such a unique one, like travelling to the 19th century, but in a different circus world; the idea of using such a black color in the walls just adds the final touch. I will make sure to get some uniques pieces for your new round!

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

What a cool exhibition Chloe!!!! I was expecting something like this, it is such a unique one, like travelling to the 19th century, but in a different circus world; the idea of using such a black color in the walls just adds the final touch. I will make sure to get some uniques pieces for your new round!

Thank you so much for visiting!

Please donate whatever you fancy I will use everything eventually!

My next style challenge is decorating an upper Victorian with 40 prims!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...