Missed Connections

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually the whole "Missed Connections" category can probably just be zapped - it's not like you would stand any chance of actually being able to make contact with someone you glanced over a crowded room on the forums. Much easier just to IM them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 4:57 AM, Jet Dallas said:

Actually the whole "Missed Connections" category can probably just be zapped - it's not like you would stand any chance of actually being able to make contact with someone you glanced over a crowded room on the forums. Much easier just to IM them.

I agree it's really just a pointless category.. the majority of people who are in sl don't read the forums.. so the chances they will see it is very low.  The chances they will care is even  lower..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

Why is it that the user base for the forums is so low and doesn't have more participation?

I think in the case of Second Life, more people log in and seek help from groups within Second Life than come here to forums. I didn't know about forums until I'd been a resident of Second Life for a while. I wasn't a fan of forums generally. They're growing on me. Like a fungus ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

Why is it that the user base for the forums is so low and doesn't have more participation?

This is standard for most 'game's'; forums usually have very low participation except for the main clique groups that populate them. The population that comes here doesnt represent the majority of those that play the game. Most of the time people only come here if they cannot find any solution in world to their problems.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.