please help just won a bid on auctioned land

ALLYSSA Dennison

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone, I just won a bid on auctioned land with no knowledge of anything on buying auctioned land and when i went to check the prim count it said over 11k but it went down to a little over 5k after I won? Does anyone know if there is there a way to sell thisand for what i paid?

8 answers to this question

I'm not sure what numbers you are looking at.  If the L.I. capacity of the parcel is 11K and the parcel already has 6K of objects on it, then you have 5K of unused L.I.  You can remove (or return) anything that is on the parcel to increase the available L.I.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm not sure what numbers you are looking at.  If the L.I. capacity of the parcel is 11K and the parcel already has 6K of objects on it, then you have 5K of unused L.I.  You can remove (or return) anything that is on the parcel to increase the available L.I.

Thank you for your response there wasn’t anything on the land. Would you happen to know if I abandon the land will I still be responsible to keep paying tiers?

53 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it might be there were two parcels on that region by the same owner (auctioneer) in that case you see the total prims, the real landcapacity is on the second line.
example:

762fdc5871189ed2dab8c3fa22911f07.png

Thank you for your response. I think that may have been the case being the abandoned land next to me make up for the prims I thought I was getting. Would you happen to know if I abandon the land will I still be responsible to keep paying tiers?

Edited by ALLYSSA Dennison
Misspelling

40 minutes ago, ALLYSSA Dennison said:

Would you happen to know if I abandon the land will I still be responsible to keep paying tiers?

Tier for land is billed in arrears, so if the purchase of the land from the auction increased your total land ownership to a higher tier level than your last billing, than you will be billed for that higher tier level one time even if you abandon the land now.    On your web dashboard for your account, go to Account -> Account Summary and look at the "Land Holdings" section - that will show you when the next tier payment is due, as well as the maximum amount of land you've owned since the last billing.   If your next tier payment date is a few weeks away, you could try putting the land up for sale first, and then if it doesn't sell, go in and abandon it a day or so before the next tier billing date. 

If you're new to owning / managing land, I'd suggest taking a look at the following knowledge base article before you decide to sell or abandon the parcel:

• Like 1

When checking to see how many objects a parcel will support, look at "parcel land capacity".  Region capacity is the sum total of all the parcels in that region by the current owner.  It can be useful to you, IF you are the owner.  Otherwise, not so much.

If you abandon the land now, you'll pay tier on at your next billing date.  However, you won't pay any tier subsequently.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ALLYSSA Dennison said:

Thank you I think I just screwed myself by setting the land for sale and now I am stuck paying tiers for land that someone just bought.

If the land you purchased from the auction but have now sold, put you into a new tier level, you will only have to pay the higher tier one time only, because now that the land is sold, you should be back to your normal tier level.  

I wouldn't call that being screwed, because presumably you were paid for the land that someone just bought, plus reducing your own holdings - it's better than having abandoned the land and still having to pay the tier for it one time.

There is a free class about buying, renting, selling, managing land at Caledon Oxbridge University inworld on Saturdays - at noon SLT, I believe - which you might find helpful if you plan to  buy land  or bid in auctions again in the future.   I found the class very helpful with getting a good all-around perspective about land in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.