Box without content

TopNaBalada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just bought a product, which was supposed to be a package with bodies, hair, and more.
But when I bought it, only an empty object came, what should I do to get my money back?

Edited by TopNaBalada

10 answers to this question

Making the most graceful assumption here ... it looks like he may have screwed up by failing to put items into the delivery folder properly when he was creating the listing.  Realizing his error, he then went back and fixed it.  He may be correct that he can't "redeliver" the corrected version, because you actually bought the original "goofy" version, or it may be that he is simply clumsy/inept and can't figure out how to do it.  There's an easy fix, however. He can look at his own Transaction History (or the Order History in his Marketplace account) to verify that you actually paid for the item, so you're not scamming him.  Then he can just drop you the corrected folder of stuff to you in an IM in world.  Forget about the redelivery in Marketplace itself.

ETA:  It's also worth remembering that unlike RL where a merchant actually has items sitting in a warehouse somewhere, items sold in SL are "created" as a fresh instance each time they are sold.  The merchant isn't actually out anything more than a potential sale if he gives away a free copy, and he can build a lot of good will by doing just that when he has made a mistake.  I'm not sure whether you can get anywhere by explaining that, especially if this merchant really is clueless, but it's worth remembering if you ever become a merchant yourself.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

First off, you need to remove the MP ad & link, and anything else in your post that points to a specific item or creator.  You are not allowed to name specific creators or products in the forums - at least not in any sort of complaining way.  Second, contact the creator -- check their profile to see if they prefer IM or Notecard.  If it doesn't say, do both.  You can copy/paste the MP order history info into a notecard for them. 

You'll need to give them some time to respond, as things are a bit nuts right now for some folks.

Note that if you do not get any satisfaction from the creator, the ONLY thing you can do is write a review stating that the box was empty and then Flag the item, though I'm not sure what category an 'empty box' falls under.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Note that if you do not get any satisfaction from the creator, the ONLY thing you can do is write a review stating that the box was empty and then Flag the item, though I'm not sure what category an 'empty box' falls under.

I think probably "Item not as advertised" would be the best.  

I think in addition to flagging the item in the Marketplace, you can also file an Abuse Report in world.  Use Fraud as the report category.

Any merchant can make an honest mistake.  However, a few con artists use this "empty box" scam, advertising high quality items (usually for a high price, too) but delivering only an empty box.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.