Tilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have a question. I am not selling items in SL or the SL MP, nor do I intend to change lindens into dollars or any other RL currency. Also, I am not in the US. Suddenly I am not being able to access my online SL account or the MP if I do not accept TIlia's ToS. I do not wish to do so, nor did I think I had to. Is it going to become obligatory for everybody now? 

3 hours ago, Piovefiore said:

Hello, I have a question. I am not selling items in SL or the SL MP, nor do I intend to change lindens into dollars or any other RL currency. Also, I am not in the US. Suddenly I am not being able to access my online SL account or the MP if I do not accept TIlia's ToS. I do not wish to do so, nor did I think I had to. Is it going to become obligatory for everybody now? 

That was the agreement when Tilia took over in August (the 2nd). Some of us fought hard for that small victory.   I have never had to accept the Tilia TOS and am still logging in, so unless the rules have changed and we have not been notified I suggest that you contact support. 

This seems to be a problem for you and not others (well at least not me). I accessed a couple of accounts tonight with no issues.  I do have ONE thought though. Is there any way that you may have NEWLY received money in your US dollar account?  It is very important that it is empty and stays empty. 

If it is not, then you will need to accept the Tilia TOS unless you can fix this with support.  If you cannot log in to SEE if there is a balance then perhaps support can help with that.   There were some cases where people got a refund to their US dollar accounts and it was very messy.  As long as you only BUY lindens and never have a US dollar account you should (unless the rules have been changed) not have to OK the TOS and privacy agreement.  

Checking to make sure this is correct with @Grumpity Linden

• Like 2

• Lindens
On 5/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, Piovefiore said:

Hi Piovefiore! Sorry I didn't respond here earlier.  Most likely you're seeing this because of a change in the LindeX market rate between the time your purchase order was placed and the time it completed. Because your card is charged when you place the order, the remaining difference in cost of L$ is credited to your USD wallet, which results in the Tilia ToS acceptance requirement.  I know this experience is a little jarring, and we're working to make it less so.  Accepting the ToS does not require you to provide any additional information or result in any new fees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/17/2020 at 5:22 AM, Bree Giffen said:

Yes. Here's the FAQ. You only need to give up an I.D. if you withdraw money. 

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/tilia-faq-r1533/#Section_1

Not correct, sadly. SIM owner account that only converts L$ to US$ to pay the SIM fees, never cashes out, had suddenly to provide ID before being able to sell L$ on the LindEx.

Edited by Daniel Regenbogen
nasty type
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Not correct, sadly. SIM owner account that only converts L$ to US$ to pay the SIM fees, never cashes out, had suddenly to provide ID before being able to sell L$ on the LindEx.

yep .. as soon you use the USD balance you'r a Tilia client .. till next week when we all are one when we buy with dollars.

• Confused 1

Or you can not buy and not sell .   I definitely feel for the OP who through no fault at all is in a mess which doesn't seem like it can be fixed. Boo hiss. Not fair or good.   

I did do a little test yesterday or maybe it was the day before and it appears that at least for now you can make a new avatar without opting in to Tilia. That of course may change in a few days.  I guess I will test again after the change date. 

Life was much simpler in the OLDEN days.  You made an account for free. If you OPTED to give more info you received 250 lindens for starter money. Then there were Money Trees to gather from (much fun) the magic blue ball that dispensed money each day to new folks (I think maybe it was 5 lindens but not sure) at NCI.  You could camp for money. You could learn at schools for free and get some skills and make things to sell to others.  You never needed to BUY lindens at all. 

Then came the original Realms that were challenging at first and then became meditative when you learned the ropes.  Even Sansar eventually had a way for new folks to earn money -- Sandollars they could  only  spend in the store, not cash out.  All these free opportunities helped folks stay in the platforms.  Some of those  freebie accounts like "me" became  long time creators. 

I hope that we see some official  changes that support the "free" folks; they are part of the citizenship and part of the economy.   The creator community has certainly done their part these last months with Stay At Home (there seem to be more than one version of this idea) gifts as well as some really nice event presents (better than the norm on average).  

On a personal note this isn't going to affect me at all.  I don't buy lindens and I haven't been selling any since last August. I was hoping with hints of new ways to purchase mainland that I could do something there and still bypass Tilia, but that is looking less likely now.  So I'll put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with.  I am guessing that I am in the less than one percent of folks who are making changes because of "governmental documents" (wink). It is really only important to me, but it IS important to me :D.  And it appears to be important to the OP -- so that's two of us. 

And that's all my hard thinking for the morning. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
clarity
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:20 AM, Grumpity Linden said:

Hi Piovefiore! Sorry I didn't respond here earlier.  Most likely you're seeing this because of a change in the LindeX market rate between the time your purchase order was placed and the time it completed. Because your card is charged when you place the order, the remaining difference in cost of L$ is credited to your USD wallet, which results in the Tilia ToS acceptance requirement.  I know this experience is a little jarring, and we're working to make it less so.  Accepting the ToS does not require you to provide any additional information or result in any new fees. 

This would definitely explain it, as there have been fluctuations on the value of the dollar in my country. I never really would have wanted to initiate said wallet, as I really don't intend to incur in commercial activities involving the real world, so to speak. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and explain, it does set my mind at rest somewhat to know that I will not be asked to provide additional information. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 12:21 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Or you can not buy and not sell .   I definitely feel for the OP who through no fault at all is in a mess which doesn't seem like it can be fixed. Boo hiss. Not fair or good.   

I did do a little test yesterday or maybe it was the day before and it appears that at least for now you can make a new avatar without opting in to Tilia. That of course may change in a few days.  I guess I will test again after the change date. 

Life was much simpler in the OLDEN days.  You made an account for free. If you OPTED to give more info you received 250 lindens for starter money. Then there were Money Trees to gather from (much fun) the magic blue ball that dispensed money each day to new folks (I think maybe it was 5 lindens but not sure) at NCI.  You could camp for money. You could learn at schools for free and get some skills and make things to sell to others.  You never needed to BUY lindens at all. 

Then came the original Realms that were challenging at first and then became meditative when you learned the ropes.  Even Sansar eventually had a way for new folks to earn money -- Sandollars they could  only  spend in the store, not cash out.  All these free opportunities helped folks stay in the platforms.  Some of those  freebie accounts like "me" became  long time creators. 

I hope that we see some official  changes that support the "free" folks; they are part of the citizenship and part of the economy.   The creator community has certainly done their part these last months with Stay At Home (there seem to be more than one version of this idea) gifts as well as some really nice event presents (better than the norm on average).  

On a personal note this isn't going to affect me at all.  I don't buy lindens and I haven't been selling any since last August. I was hoping with hints of new ways to purchase mainland that I could do something there and still bypass Tilia, but that is looking less likely now.  So I'll put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with.  I am guessing that I am in the less than one percent of folks who are making changes because of "governmental documents" (wink). It is really only important to me, but it IS important to me :D.  And it appears to be important to the OP -- so that's two of us. 

And that's all my hard thinking for the morning. 

Boo hiss indeed! And thank you for all that you share, I would have liked to experience those golden olden days (mesh or no mesh lol). I buy lindens to pay rent for a little piece of land that allows me to indulge in my addiction to creating scenes and places, and to practice and try to learn some building, but I have no intention of selling stuff. And yes, I do care about the document issue, I hope it is true that I won't be required to show anything further along (up to now I've only had to sign the tos). That might even make me reconsider staying in SL. Thanks again for sharing!

Edited by Piovefiore
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.