Stud looking to meet cool fems

Dezbmore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 6:40 PM, rushingaround said:

Stud lesbian is that the same thing as a transgender male?? 

No. Just... No, on ALL possible levels. Please don't ever ask either a stud lesbian or a transgender man if they're the same thing. I'm almost certain they'd both be at least a bit offended, and rightfully so.

A stud lesbian is a woman that likes women but likes to assume what's traditionally the 'male role' in the encounter/relationship.
A transgender man is a man. Rather or not he likes men, women, both, neither, or whatever, he does not want to be seen as or even classified as a woman, because he is NOT a woman.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LunaRavencroft said:

I'm almost certain they'd both be at least a bit offended, and rightfully so.

One can't know if one doesn't ask, although I'll admit one could pose the question in a more diplomatic manner as to avoid offense. 

11 hours ago, LunaRavencroft said:

A transgender man is a man. Rather or not he likes men, women, both, neither, or whatever, he does not want to be seen as or even classified as a woman, because he is NOT a woman.

I find this term a little bit confusing these days, granted my knowledge on the topic is little more than what I've seen debated on GMB and other news media, but my understanding of it is that it hasn't got to do with sexuality but gender identity, specifically a person who wants to, or has, or is in the process of transitioning to the opposite of their birth gender. It's also one of the reasons I believe that 'umbrella'-terming people is harmful, regardless of what intentions you have, as this is an individual position. 

It's like Pride. A few years ago when I heard they were having a Pride event in my home town, it got me thinking of a friend that I hadn't spoken to in a while; being that he was a gay man, I wrote him to wish him a happy Pride day. He politely thanked me for the sentiment, but pointed out that neither he nor his partner wanted to associate themselves with it, as they felt that flaunting one's sexuality in public was an act of indecency irregardless of one's sexual preferences, and that he found it outrageous that children were to be exposed to it. 

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.