Firestorm says "problem connecting to twitter"

Deven Fae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive been trying to connect both discord and twitter to my firestorm viewer. I got flickr connected no problem but with discord and twitter it wont connect. it says problem connecting to twitter and doesn't even have the pop-up window to authorize the twitter. discord stays on connecting to discord never shows pop-up as well. Is there a plugin needed?

Screenshot (7).png

Lame but pretty much correct. Twitter, Facebook, Flickr et al keep changing the API subtly to prevent third party apps posting (I can't say if this is deliberate or not). The service that the lab provided behind the scenes to interface to the services is no longer being maintained, they were not willing to keep investing effort in keeping it going when it was only used by a few residents. The functionality has been removed form the SL viewer completely I believe.

In our next release Firestorm will remove the twitter posting button (as it is irreparably broken), we have restored direct flickr posting from within the viewer. The plus side is that you can still use flickr, the downside is that if flickr mess with that we wouldn't be able to fix it until our subsequent release, assuming we could fix it at all. 

Discord should work. I don't use it though so I can't comment.

• 3 weeks later...

i click the connect button and it does not connect to my Flickr either~ i had Flickr and it worked fine a week ago ? ~  then i did the update and now it does not work ~ what can i do to fix this please?

2 hours ago, polyb69 said:

i click the connect button and it does not connect to my Flickr either~ i had Flickr and it worked fine a week ago ? ~  then i did the update and now it does not work ~ what can i do to fix this please?

please if you find a fix post here

With the API changes that go on in the background, Linden Lab dropped their direct share system. TPVs (such as Firestorm) manually update their Share systems and it is only a matter of time before they break.

Some TPV Devs may simply elect to do as Linden Lab has done and just drop the option, going back to Upload to SL/Save to Disk/Send via E-mail (the original options). So, don't be lazy and use either Save to Disk (to manually upload later) or find out if your chosen Image Hosting Site allows for upload via e-mail and go from there.

Edited by Solar Legion

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, lokiilox said:

does anyone know the version of firestorm that works for twitter and flickr?

There was a new version of Firestorm (6.3.9.58205) just released, which indicates the Flickr upload should be workable again.   I've downloaded and installed the new version, but I don't use the upload to Flickr from viewer functionality, so I have not tried it out myself.

It does not sound like the upload to Twitter is something that will be fixed. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.