New name change feature.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why do premium members have to pay for name changes when we pay you all $99 a year? I feel as though basic members should be the ones paying $39.99 for the name changes and premium members get that option free for the first time due to the fact we already pay for OUR premium membership.

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm curious; why didn't you add your comment to one of the many already raised on this subject?

Just as an aside, in Dark Mode I can't see your comment at all, so at first I thought you were so bored with it you couldn't think of anything to say.

Maybe he wanted to use all the pretty tags

• Haha 1

How do u remove a post?

22 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm curious; why didn't you add your comment to one of the many already raised on this subject?

Just as an aside, in Dark Mode I can't see your comment at all, so at first I thought you were so bored with it you couldn't think of anything to say.

I see it as a deterent to prevent people from changing their name too often. People already change their display names often, and once a username is chosen, it cannot be used by anyone else. So it prevents people from using up all the names, as well as prevents mass confusion.

30 minutes ago, RealLoveit said:
Why do premium members have to pay for name changes when we pay you all $99 a year? I feel as though basic members should be the ones paying $39.99 for the name changes and premium members get that option free for the first time due to the fact we already pay for OUR premium membership.

Welcome to the really super duper friendly Second Life Forums, RealLoveit. :)  

I don't think you can actually remove posts yourself, but you can click on the top right hand corner of it and "report post", requesting the moderators remove it for you. 

Please don't let your first experience here put you off though. 

3 minutes ago, RealLoveit said:

How do u remove a post?

Within 24 hours of posting you can edit it, but you can't delete it yourself.  If you really do want it to go you'll need to report it to a mod - hover over the top right of your post and the words Report Post will appear for you to click.

Having said that, don't be discouraged.  Just take your time getting to know the forum by reading lots of posts, and adding to them. :) 

3 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Welcome to the really super duper friendly Second Life Forums, RealLoveit. :)  

I don't think you can actually remove posts yourself, but you can click on the top right hand corner of it and "report post", requesting the moderators remove it for you. 

Please don't let your first experience here put you off though. 

Come on, Marigold, I wasn't being horrible.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

6 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I hate the way newbies get treated on forums. Why can't people - and I mean everyone - just welcome them in instead of belittling them? 

Read my comment in the way I wrote it; as a calm, adult-to-adult question, and a comment on the fact that I couldn't see the post in Dark Mode.  If you want to hold their hand, go ahead.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.