Signing up for SL through a website

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I work for an SL clothing store as the manager and social media content creator. On some websites, like the Firestorm website, there is a link where people can sign up directly from the website. How do you create that? Can anyone do it, or do you need special permission or something?

We want people who see our products on social media, to join SL, and learn about mesh bodies and clothing so they can use and enjoy our products.

Thank you,

Saturn Enceladus 

Manger and Social Media Content Creator at LRS Creations

You should be able to create a Widget thing to put on other websites. 

I'd say, call Phone Support.. on inworld Live Chat Support.. shouldn't be that difficult. I just glanced thru Knowledge Base (here in forums) and didn't see anything (again.. quick browse). 

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't have a Premium Account (it used to be $75 our know it $100) I'm not working right now due to the virus and I can't afford it right now... Plus I'm saving for a much needed new computer - So I don't get phone support (or do I? Just not priority...)

Thank you,

Saturn Enceladus 

38 minutes ago, SaturnEnceladus said:

I work for an SL clothing store as the manager and social media content creator. On some websites, like the Firestorm website, there is a link where people can sign up directly from the website. How do you create that? Can anyone do it, or do you need special permission or something?

We want people who see our products on social media, to join SL, and learn about mesh bodies and clothing so they can use and enjoy our products.

Thank you,

Saturn Enceladus 

In the case of Firestorm and their integrated sign-up (choose your avatar) link ---- Firestorm is an official PORTAL.   At one time (this seems to be a day for long ago stories) many places == mostly colleges -- had portals where folks could join from within the institutions website.  That was dismantled many years ago about the same time that last names disappeared. 

You could certainly make a LINK to the official Second Life sign up page.  Be sure and read all the trademark use information though so you wouldn't be breaking any rules. You don't want it to appear that you have some "official" connection with SL.  

• Thanks 1

Like Chic said, there used to be many portals. Some of them even had unique last names back in the day (I remember I made an avatar named Lily Pond using an Australian portal, which was the only one that had the last name Pond). The CSI:NY tie-in a decade ago also had a unique list of last names. I miss them, they were great. 

Hi Vanity,

I also remember the days of last names. I miss them too. Thanks to you and Chic, I now know that I should make a link and tell people that our blog is unofficial. I will be sure to read the Trademark Rules. Do you have a link for that?

Thank you,

Saturn Enceladus 

On 4/12/2020 at 10:20 AM, SaturnEnceladus said:

On some websites, like the Firestorm website, there is a link where people can sign up directly from the website. How do you create that? Can anyone do it, or do you need special permission or something?

What you're looking for is the Community Gateway program.

There's much more to it than just adding a link or a form to your site, though.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.