not allowed in Social Island??

MillieTG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello it appears I am not allowed on Social Island.  I do not think I did anything inappropriate.  How do I find out if I did and what to do about it.  I enjoy helping people who have just started.  I still remember how frustrated I was when I started.

Millie Lockwood

8 answers to this question

I'd say your problem is that you're now too old, since your 'rez day' ( initially joining SL) to be allowed into it. I've tried TPing into some areas and gotten the notice that I didn't have access to area (or something like that)

Some of the London sim areas are like that too... Has age limits and such. Been kicked out of that one a time or too.

I'd you really wish to continue to help with newcomers... Search for a group called NCI.  Newcomers Inc. They operate several learning areas and hold regular class schedules as well.  Another, more advanced group for learning opportunity is Builders Brewery... And are still others out there too. These groups are certainly always seeking mentors to join them and assist

Edited by TechDave
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Daddysheadache said:

I havent been able to go to social islands 1-3 for a week now...everyone is in the same boat it seems. There are too few players in SL for these islands to be closed. It used to be a great spot to help people and it was fun because you had users of all ages there. It really sucks.

I'm a member of the White Tiger Guides group; this group has access to the Social Islands as an approved helper organization.  Other helper organizations may also have access, but I could not tell you which ones, if any.  I checked all the Social Islands, both with my main account and with an alt.  There are currently nine Social Islands, numbered 1 through 10.  Social Island 9 is either off line or permanently deleted.

As a member of the Guides, I can access all the Social Islands.

My alt, who is not a Guide, cannot access Social Islands 1 through 5.  However, 6, 7, 8 and 10 appear to be still open to the general public.

@Daddysheadache, you have two options:  You can continue to help people on the publicly accessible Social Islands, or you can join the White Tiger Mentors group and then take a short training course to join the Guides group, to access all the islands.  Contact Treacle Darlandes if you are interested.  We're seeing a lot more incoming new residents lately due to all the people staying at home these days, and could use the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you look on the Map, you will see that there are a number of Social Islands.  Numbers 1 and 2 are limited to new residents arriving from a Learning Island, new residents who crashed or logged off while they were there, and members of the White Tiger Mentors Orientation group.  The others are open to all residents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TechDave said:

I'd say your problem is that you're now too old, since your 'rez day' ( initially joining SL) to be allowed into it. I've tried TPing into some areas and gotten the notice that I didn't have access to area (or something like that)

seems so. I just read the message properly. Says I don't have access to Social Islands 1 & 2.  Not sure why other Social Islands are open to me tho

You are not allowed to return to Learning Island once you have left it, but here is no age limit on the Social Islands. You may return there as often as you like. I'm guessing that there's a lot of activity there these days and they are just full.

I havent been able to go to social islands 1-3 for a week now...everyone is in the same boat it seems. There are too few players in SL for these islands to be closed. It used to be a great spot to help people and it was fun because you had users of all ages there. It really sucks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.