Marketplace Issue?

AllysonRayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I'm logged into the game just fine, but when I go to open the marketplace ( in the in-game browser, this is my preference setting) it has me log in to the marketplace EVERY single time I open it - say I am logged in for 3 hours consistently and I open the browser 6 times, I have to enter my info all 6 times ( even if I literally open the browser, sign in and then close it, only to re-open it again immediately). I was wondering why it did this, and how I could change it. I don't like having to enter my info every single time I want to browse or buy something. Any ideas? Thanks!

Edited by AllysonRayne

10 answers to this question

On 3/23/2020 at 7:50 AM, AllysonRayne said:

So, I'm logged into the game just fine, but when I go to open the marketplace ( in the in-game browser, this is my preference setting) it has me log in to the marketplace EVERY single time I open it - say I am logged in for 3 hours consistently and I open the browser 6 times, I have to enter my info all 6 times ( even if I literally open the browser, sign in and then close it, only to re-open it again immediately). I was wondering why it did this, and how I could change it. I don't like having to enter my info every single time I want to browse or buy something. Any ideas? Thanks!

This is also something I am having an issue with. 

It's like a security certificate went rogue and doesn't connect with the Marketplace in viewer. 

5365bcf03af925e59116d786bd95da3a4e584287

This is a test message.  I am submitting it because the "Everything Else" forum seems to be stuck.  It continues to show in boldface on my screen, indicating that there is an unread post, even though all the posts themselves, including this latest thread, show as "read" and "no new entries".  Maybe if I post this reply it will un-stick the forum?

EDIT:  No, it didn't.  I'll report this thread, maybe a moderator can check things.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This is a test message.  I am submitting it because the "Everything Else" forum seems to be stuck.  It continues to show in boldface on my screen, indicating that there is an unread post, even though all the posts themselves, including this latest thread, show as "read" and "no new entries".  Maybe if I post this reply it will un-stick the forum?

EDIT:  No, it didn't.  I'll report this thread, maybe a moderator can check things.

It is showing properly for me - regular font indicating everything has been read. 

Maybe click the "Mark forum as read" link at the top to see if that forces it.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is showing properly for me - regular font indicating everything has been read. 

Maybe click the "Mark forum as read" link at the top to see if that forces it.

Yep!  That worked.  I don't know why I didn't think of it, but thanks.  Still, it ought to have been automatic.

I suppose that theory is as good as any, Lindal. I haven't ever run across a system without unintended side effects. As glitches go, this one is on the "random and mildly annoying" end of the scale, so it's not the sort of thing that I'd expect a normal QA sweep to notice.

BTW, you didn't miss anything by having that thread removed before you got to it. The moderators were on the ball there.

On 3/24/2020 at 11:34 PM, excedes said:

It's like a security certificate went rogue and doesn't connect with the Marketplace in viewer. 

Same issue here, with Marketplace and account website too. Also, when opening a slurl, (not sure if it's related or not but it started happening suspiciously at the same time) before it would go directly to viewer, now makes it so you need to click an "open in viewer" button. Is that suposed to work like this now?

On 3/24/2020 at 6:34 PM, excedes said:

I am having the same issue... It usually keeps me logged in, but now every time it asks for the username and password.

In Chrome, If you keep auto sign on, set to on, at least it will show your user name and password, and all you have to do it click log in.

https://gyazo.com/924fd697e7dd05374f616fecf71f4184

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.