Name Your Home

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My Vic in Llyn Brithyll is named "Trout Lake", because the region name is Welsh for, yep, "trout lake", and my Trad in Billydoo is named "Billet Doux". Still thinking on the others, but I like to work with the region names. :) 

Well we can eat at least two of ours 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My Vic in Llyn Brithyll is named "Trout Lake", because the region name is Welsh for, yep, "trout lake", and my Trad in Billydoo is named "Billet Doux". Still thinking on the others, but I like to work with the region names. :) 

Now whenever I read your posts, I will hear the Welsh accent 😊

47 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Which is great, because I'm from Southern USA. 😂

(But my first SL partner was Welsh, if that counts!)

But you do know what Eton mess is, right? I've had to describe it, and make it, to people in the US 😊

6 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

But you do know what Eton mess is, right? I've had to describe it, and make it, to people in the US 😊

I do now, because I googled it after reading your post. It looks very good (and I'm reminded how "pudding" is a generic term for dessert in the UK!). 

• Haha 1

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I do now, because I googled it after reading your post. It looks very good (and I'm reminded how "pudding" is a generic term for dessert in the UK!). 

You get the first prize! I'll come up with something. But I did realise after I made the thread... mmmm not a US thing really 😁 Yet!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

My homes are always the same name, Itaca (Spanish spelling for Ithaka), after the great poem by Konstantino Kavafis. I highly recommend his poetry if you haven't read him

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/51296/ithaka-56d22eef917ec (a version in English for you)

I just read that poem... how wonderful and beautiful.  That’s what life should be, right? A long and amazing journey ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sakura Sands said:

I just read that poem... how wonderful and beautiful.  That’s what life should be, right? A long and amazing journey ❤️❤️❤️

Exactly Sakura, that's what life is all about: enjoying a long beautiful journey, to find our inner Ithaka :) 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

My homes are always the same name, Itaca (Spanish spelling for Ithaka), after the great poem by Konstantino Kavafis. I highly recommend his poetry if you haven't read him

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/51296/ithaka-56d22eef917ec (a version in English for you)

Thank you! Just read it too, it's lovely.

Efharisto.

Edited by 93YearOld
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 93YearOld said:

I'm guessing the name... but would hate to reveal your secret ID 😉

my secret id? ..  "Alwin's" is not really secret...lol
never been a secret who my second main is :SwingingFriends: he only doesnt like socks..🤔 my less main ones are silent on the forums, just one posted few pics in how do you look thread
( no don't run to that topic now to figure out🤐 )

• Haha 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

my secret id? ..  "Alwin's" is not really secret...lol
never been a secret who my second main is :SwingingFriends: he only doesnt like socks..🤔 my less main ones are silent on the forums, just one posted few pics in how do you look thread
( no don't run to that topic now to figure out🤐 )

I will tomorrow, if i remember, being griefed inworld is just the same as being bullied in RL.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.