A friend of mine can't choose the issue type when contacting the support

LynValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of me bought a latex texture from the marketplace, the texture did cost her 1,200 L$, but all she received was a prim with a notecard inside and on that notecard was the URL of a file hoster and when she checked that URL she found nothing (sounds like a scam).

I told her to contact the support, she should report that and ask for a refund. She tried to do that, only problem is: she can choose only Account Issue if she clicks on Issue Type (while i can choose of Billing, Marketplace etc). She even has a "robot check" on that page (while i have nothing like this there).

How can she report this issue and ask for a refund if she can't choose the right Issue type?

Can i report that issue for her (since i can choose the issue type)?

8 minutes ago, LynValentine said:

The problem is that she can't contact the support and submit a ticket under the correct issue type, because the issue type that she would need isn't available for her.

Then file the request without any selection ( from memory I thought that was possible).

4 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Then file the request without any selection ( from memory I thought that was possible).

Nope, to choose the issue type seems to be mandatory or else she can't click on the "send" button.

I checked it from my account and i could even send a empty support ticket (no issue type, no text, nothing in it) if i wanted to do that.

Edited by LynValentine
  • Confused 1

Your friend likely has a Basic account rather than Premium. Basic accounts have far fewer options for submitting tickets (intentionally, I imagine, as an encouragement to purchase Premium membership).

However, Marketplace product issues should be reported on the Marketplace itself rather than by support ticket. Each product page has a "Flag this item" link, in the column on the right hand side below the Like and Share buttons.  Click that and select "Item not as advertised".

However, neither flagging an item on the MP nor submitting a support ticket will get a refund for your friend. They might remove the listing, they might ban the seller. But she will not get her money back. She can only chalk it up as a lesson learned. 

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Your friend likely has a Basic account rather than Premium. Basic accounts have far fewer options for submitting tickets (intentionally, I imagine, as an encouragement to purchase Premium membership).

However, Marketplace product issues should be reported on the Marketplace itself rather than by support ticket. Each product page has a "Flag this item" link, in the column on the right hand side below the Like and Share buttons.  Click that and select "Item not as advertised".

I just checked that and if you choose "Item not as advertised" you get four options to choose after that and none of the options describe the problem (Incorrect Listing Category, Incorrect Listing Image, Item Permission not as advertised, Language Options do not match English Information). There is no way to tell them that you received a empty prim only.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.