acidicshroom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good afternoon, last night I had added a new payment method and attempted to purchase more Lindens. It loaded and a notice at the top popped up saying the payment had been cancelled. I tried two different times. When I checked my card balance, Linden Lab had taken .10 cents each time I attempted to buy Lindens (20 cents in total had been removed from my account). I stopped my attempts and have been looking to see if anyone else was having this issue and what I should do about it. I used my American Express, Bluebird card.

Thank you

Edited by acidicshroom

2 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, acidicshroom said:

Good afternoon, last night I had added a new payment method and attempted to purchase more Lindens. It loaded and a notice at the top popped up saying the payment had been cancelled. I tried two different times. When I checked my card balance, Linden Lab had taken .10 cents each time I attempted to buy Lindens (20 cents in total had been removed from my account). I stopped my attempts and have been looking to see if anyone else was having this issue and what I should do about it. 

Thank you

when you ask a question about this, please always add whát kind of method you added.

The two posts of  10cts are most likely reservations from Tilia to test the payment method. It can be a temporal glitch to get declined ór you did ad a non acceptable payment method as for example, prepaid or debit card, or non verified paypal. ( That's why i made the first remark)

As Alwin says (quoting the Knowledge Base😞

Why was I charged $1.00 on my credit card?

This is not an actual charge, but an authorization that we request from your credit card company.

Once the authorization is received, which confirms the account is valid, we then rescind the authorization.

At no time is the US$1.00 actually charged, though the authorization may appear on a credit card statement as such. The amount may show as "pending" or "authorized" for a few days, but then will drop off the account entirely.

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.