Brain, genitalia, and body parts

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

If they are ignorant and force their ***** upon us, then why shouldn't we allowed to force our ***** upon them? Fight fire with fire, water is of no use. You are literally trying to extinguish a forest fire with a bucket of water.

I think you misunderstand. Try writing your sentence without the word 'allowed' or its synonyms related to some authority giving you permission to do something.

Thinking another in SL can FORCE something on us is a bit of victimhood. No matter what they do we have a choice whether to be a victim or not. While we can chose to live via Pavlovian reactions we do have choices. Because they push a button doesn't mean we have to react similarly or in a uniform pre-prescribed way. 

Your fire analogy doesn't really work. Physics determines how fires are extinguished. In social interactions it is possible to think outside the box. We are not limited in our responses unless we allow our self to be emotionally or mentally limited.

1 minute ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I think you misunderstand. Try writing your sentence without the word 'allowed' or its synonyms related to some authority giving you permission to do something.

Thinking another in SL can FORCE something on us is a bit of victimhood. No matter what they do we have a choice whether to be a victim or not. While we can chose to live via Pavlovian reactions we do have choices. Because they push a button doesn't mean we have to react similarly or in a uniform pre-prescribed way. 

Your fire analogy doesn't really work. Physics determines how fires are extinguished. In social interactions it is possible to think outside the box. We are not limited in our responses unless we allow our self to be emotionally or mentally limited.

What you are saying basically translates to: Just because we have the option to derennder/mute idiots we should let them do whatever the hell they want. I get it. That's exactly the reason why SL is such a cluster***** of ***** and unoptimized crap. Because we let people do whatever they want because we have the ability to "opt out" and/or "counter" whatever impact both negatively and positively they are having.

Just now, NiranV Dean said:

What you are saying basically translates to: Just because we have the option to derennder/mute idiots we should let them do whatever the hell they want. I get it. That's exactly the reason why SL is such a cluster***** of ***** and unoptimized crap. Because we let people do whatever they want because we have the ability to "opt out" and/or "counter" whatever impact both negatively and positively they are having.

Yeah. It is the ideas of freedom, tolerance, diversity, and patience verses the fascist mind set of attempting to control others. When one is smarter than the ignorant allowing them their stupidity is easy.

If all the great religious leaders of the world couldn't fix this place, why do you think lesser morals adopting a fascist controlling mind set will? We have seen how that fails repeatedly.

On 2/8/2020 at 3:41 AM, suzyst said:

One of the reasons I avoid that brand of head. I'm blonde, what use is a brain to me ?

Taken seriously it actually IS why I avoided that brand for so long... but now I do use that brand.

I don't like it when builders put hidden things inside the avatar that have a texture and polygons attached to them. Lag for no reason is even worse than justified lag after all...

That bran is simply the place where some scripts were dumped... that could just have easily have been dropped into a basic prim with the default transparency texture set to alpha mask at 255... for less lag...

The other features of that brand more than made up for this flaw in the end, so I switched to them... but it is still annoying...

11 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah. It is the ideas of freedom, tolerance, diversity, and patience verses the fascist mind set of attempting to control others. When one is smarter than the ignorant allowing them their stupidity is easy.

There is a middle ground between Who Cares and launching the Crusades...

Folks always reaching for the extremes as arguments to either not do anything or to ban all the heretics... should instead come together and make reasoned out compromise solutions...

Some rules, to constrain behavior to reasonable conduct that lets people be as free as possible without major detriment to the platform or others... If people pulled back their rhetoric on ALL SIDES they could actually come together and probably see that they agree on most of what would be good... and find a consensus.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

Sometimes my viewer doesn't completely render people's 'brain heads' properly ever and they appear, to me at least, as having their brain on their mouth. I find it hilarious as I imagine them as zombies chewing on braaaaiiiiiiins..

Personally, I'm in favor of simply derendering people temporarily to allow my viewer to load what I want. (i.e. the vendors at a shopping event.) I don't feel the need to 'confront' them. To me it seems like a ridiculous waste of MY time and rather rude. Now if they ask if what I think of their AV or whatnot, it's then okay. Of course, they are free to derender me as they see fit with no saltiness on my part.

#YOLO #Liveandletlive

11 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

... all ... great religious leaders

You already answered it right there. They were religious. Pretty sure that "mere" mortals have a much bigger chance at succeeding than "great religious leaders" which have corruption in their name and their job application requirements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.