Brain, genitalia, and body parts

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have TP'd into regions of my choice ( I am a group member of these regions) , to find the lag is the amount of brains and genitalia floating in my face, to the extent I leave pretty quick, then leave the group! WHY do these body parts have to affect the rest of us? I do not want someone else's ***** and/or boobs/lips/teeth etc stopping me seeing what I came to buy! I am an old fuddy duddy... with a life! I may be old, 93, but that far behind in SL?

Does having a brain attachment for your av make you smarter? 

Edited by 93YearOld
Realisation that we are doomed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

The brains do not 'do' anything, a certain brand (or possibly brands) of head(s) have them. They contain no specific scripts as far as I know, apart from those mesh heads' scripts in general.

'Extras' should never be worn when not in use, and obviously only be used in appropriate circumstances, but people are morons, for which there's unfortunately no easy fix.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

The brains do not 'do' anything, a certain brand (or possibly brands) of head(s) have them. They contain no specific scripts as far as I know, apart from those mesh heads' scripts in general.

One of the reasons I avoid that brand of head. I'm blonde, what use is a brain to me ?

• Haha 8

The reason you are inundated with body parts is a technical issue. People wear a load of attachments. As all these things download and fully render you see the avatar as the owner intended. The first minute in a new region is a time when the viewer lacks all the information to correctly render everything. The result is you see arms, legs, boobs, butts, genitals, and whatever floating around the avatar. Clothes rendering off to the side expose even the body parts that have finished rendering. There is a minute or two of chaos while things download.

About all you can do is close your eyes as soon as you TP. Count to one hundred and then open them...

Orwar is right. Wearing stuff that isn't going to be seen is pointless and a bit inconsiderate. It would be great if people didn't do that. However, it is on the fascist side to force people to do what you want so you can have things as you want. If they are ignorant, that doesn't give us the right to force our opinions on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but firestorm has an option that temporarily derenders anyone who is not your Friends List. I use this when ever I go to a crowded shopping event.  Its called, "Show friends only". Its under the "World" menu at the very bottom.

The bad thing about this is because the other avatars are derended people smack into the derendered avatars, stand on them and other things all of the time.  I've experienced that a LOT lately, and THAT gets pretty old, pretty fast.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Orwar is right. Wearing stuff that isn't going to be seen is pointless and a bit inconsiderate. It would be great if people didn't do that. However, it is on the fascist side to force people to do what you want so you can have things as you want. If they are ignorant, that doesn't give us the right to force our opinions on them.

Sometimes folks aren't ignorant per se, they are just clueless. :::raises hand sheepishly::: I don't have lady garden bits flopping around, but I often have projectors attached to me that I have forgotten about. N stuff. O.o.  I'm totally clueless unless I go to a place with a dark WL and I scratch my head and wonder what that green light is "over there" and realize then that it is me. Attachments happen. Some people do know better and don't care. Some people don't know any better. And some people can't remember what they just had for breakfast, let alone what attachments they have on from yesterday. :)

On 2/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, Seicher Rae said:

The bad thing about this is because the other avatars are derended people smack into the derendered avatars, stand on them and other things all of the time.  I've experienced that a LOT lately, and THAT gets pretty old, pretty fast.

That's what the minimap is for, zoomed in enough it updates reliably to avoid any collisions. Most people just don't care but I subscribe to what you say, it does get old and it is incredibly rude, blaming lag is just an excuse, I have a pretty sub-par connection and never have I bumped into other people gratuitously.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:43 AM, 93YearOld said:

WHY do these body parts have to affect the rest of us?

Besides what was said already, and get rid of everyone using the the top left of your screen World > Show Friends Only.

You can also use Jelly Dolls, on the graphic settings lower the Complexity to a minimum and you'll get nothing but blobs of color, all PG, with the added bonus of you can see these in world and avoid bumping into them.

I would say you can Black List specific items but that doesn't work across the grid very well besides it is a massive bother.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:08 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

If they are ignorant, that doesn't give us the right to force our opinions on them.

If they are ignorant and force their ***** upon us, then why shouldn't we allowed to force our ***** upon them? Fight fire with fire, water is of no use. You are literally trying to extinguish a forest fire with a bucket of water.

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If your intention is to prove you are just as forceful and ignorant as them that makes perfect sense.

With the exception that you are doing it for a good reason, unlike them.

Killing a person is not necessarily good or bad, it depends on what your goal and reasons were. If you kill a person to save millions of other people, you did something that would be considered "good" whereas killing millions of people to save one person would be considered "bad" although again here it would solely depend on who you'd save, if you saved someone who can revive those million people you just killed you did something "good" since in the end you saved everyone.

Being ignorant to enforce something good is not bad and even necessary sometimes especially if you are facing ignorant people who are being ignorant for no good reason or to hurt someone or something.

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.