Are there actually ANY upscale malls these days?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We see post all the time asking about this. Do we need some --- well maybe, but ...    Personally I would like to see inworld shopping take a larger role like in the olden days, but even if not, finding a retail area that is good looking is close to impossible.  I went through the classifieds today and everything I found reminded me of 2009. So not good. There USED to be upscale malls. The very few that I know of are "friends only" type places so not for the general public. 

So does anyone actually KNOW of a nice mall?   I am talking game asset PRETTY mesh buildings with a nice environment and flora, not the things I have been finding. 

Insert a smiling face with shaking head here). 

• Like 1

Could it be that malls have completely been replaced by shopping events and perhaps themed sims, like the Blueberry/Vinyl/Just Because/etc collaboration?

That aside: it might be selective reading on my side, but I mostly see mall-related posts in such context that new users believe that they could make a fortune with them. In a "I build it (by dropping the ugliest, most outdated build I could find on a plot of land and turn everything into an eyesore) and they shall come" manner.

2 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Hi Chic : )

Here is the one that comes to my mind, classy place and super nice lady.

https://zurisjewelsisle.wordpress.com/

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Jewels Isle/196/193/25

Best Regards,

Josephine

Thanks. Might be good for some folks. Very reminiscent of the olden days :D.   I had been to the main store of course, many times over the last decade.  

I have had exactly the same thoughts. Would love for shopping to return to designers mainstores - big shopping events are ok but there's a lot of the same brands everywhere at the quality events, plus - i think it would be better for designers to have the creative power and not have to cater to the ideas of event planners constantly. Personally I quit my business because the event craze killed my creativity - plus the fact - it was almost impossible to get access to the big events like Fameshed, Über  and C88. Those events are ok for a handfull of designers (some not even original mesh i notice) - but in the end it's the consumers who loose out on finding smaller and less known brands. 

I would love to see some high quality malls (modern mesh builds anno 2019 style) come back, and if I had a chance might even hire a place for a mainstore.

@Honey Bender  

Well PART of me would like to build one.  LOL. But the SMARTER part of me knows that I would hate all the mess of having rentals (some real life experience there and it wasn't good at ALL).  And, another part of me can see that even folks with kinda nice shopping districts can't fill them.   We have apparently moved on from district shopping in mass == if not everyone in spirit.

I do agree that events are going downhill for the most part. There are still a few stellar creators out there that give us something new and exciting or at least DIFFERENT, but my blogging has slowed almost to a standstill because so much is just the same old same old.  And yes, lots of downloaded and purchased mesh in the events that are supposed to be original. That is pretty depressing for someone that actually MAKES their own mesh and textures.  

So it is what it is, but I am glad to know that I apparently didn't overlook a stunning place :D.   

• Like 1

It's something I've been considering. I adore landscaping and have even found some buildings I thought would look good. I've been hesitant because I'm not sure how many would be interested in renting and have held off for that reason. If you are interested enough to find out what I have in mind please contact me ingame  preferably by notecard ( Amythe Moonlight ) and if there are enough of us I can discuss details and potentially go ahead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.