Stipends for Old Accounts?

Celena Whittenton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I want to start up using SL again and I want to go premium. I just read something about how older accounts can get larger weekly allowances? Is this just automatic after going premium? My account was created June 22 2006 so online it says that accounts created before July 21 receive 500$ per week.

So yeah my question is just... If I go premium will the stipend automatically be 500 instead of 300?

7 answers to this question

Here's the information that you probably read in the Knowledge Base:

Stipends for old accounts

The stipend amount for older accounts depends on what type of account you have and its age.

Premium accounts created or upgraded from basic:

• On or after November 1, 2006 receive L$300 per week.
  • Between July 21, 2006 and November 1, 2006 receive L$400 per week.
  • Before July 21, 2006 receive L$500 per week.

Certain old basic accounts get a stipend; basic accounts created

• Before May 29, 2006 receive a stipend of L$50 per week, if they log in that week.
  • After May 29, 2006 do not receive a weekly stipend.

So, since you joined as a Basic member after May 29, 2006, you have not been eligible for a weekly stipend all this time (besides, you haven't been logging in every week either).

And if you upgrade from your Basic account now (quite a bit after November 1, 2006), you will be eligible for L$300 per week.

1 hour ago, Celena Whittenton said:

So I want to start up using SL again and I want to go premium. I just read something about how older accounts can get larger weekly allowances? Is this just automatic after going premium? My account was created June 22 2006 so online it says that accounts created before July 21 receive 500$ per week.

So yeah my question is just... If I go premium will the stipend automatically be 500 instead of 300?

Hard to say "now" but I suspect it will be 300 as that is what the rule has been for some time. There were reports here on the forums that some oldtimers came back and "still" got 500 but that was at least a couple of years ago -- and personally I think it was an error (if true -- we can't really know).  I wouldn't count on the 500. One person I know personally made a mistake and lost their premium status (maybe 3 years ago) and when they paid to go premium again they now get 300.   

1 minute ago, Celena Whittenton said:

so the only reason I am saying this is because I read it here . as you can see Rand Linden made that post, so I am assuming its accurate, but im not sure real. Are you sure your friends accounts were created before July 2006?

Yes and she had been getting 500 for all that time. She might have been able to "fight it" but she did not.  

it's a confusing en not consequent system.
I have a 500 stipend on a alt... upgraded and downgraded several times, but everytime after upgrading, getting the 500
same with a 400 stipend on a little younger one

BUT.. lost the 50 stipends at old account after upgrading and downgrading again.. that didn't come back.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's a confusing en not consequent system.
I have a 500 stipend on a alt... upgraded and downgraded several times, but everytime after upgrading, getting the 500
same with a 400 stipend on a little younger one

BUT.. lost the 50 stipends at old account after upgrading and downgrading again.. that didn't come back.

And I have another friend who DID get 400, downgraded and now gets 300. So the bottom line is that you will need to try and see.  No consistency at all. This isn't new as this question has been asked and talked about before in the past. IF your account is an alt account you might be able to chat up support and ask. However the same friend that no longer gets 400 called on the phone (this long ago) and asked a similar question and got a "wrong" answer. So no real guarantee there either.  Good luck!

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

Hard to say "now" but I suspect it will be 300 as that is what the rule has been for some time. There were reports here on the forums that some oldtimers came back and "still" got 500 but that was at least a couple of years ago -- and personally I think it was an error (if true -- we can't really know).  I wouldn't count on the 500. One person I know personally made a mistake and lost their premium status (maybe 3 years ago) and when they paid to go premium again they now get 300.   

so the only reason I am saying this is because I read it here . as you can see Rand Linden made that post, so I am assuming its accurate, but im not sure real. Are you sure your friends accounts were created before July 2006?

Stipends for old accounts

The stipend amount for older accounts depends on what type of account you have and its age.

Premium accounts created or upgraded from basic:

• On or after November 1, 2006 receive L$300 per week.
  • Between July 21, 2006 and November 1, 2006 receive L$400 per week.
  • Before July 21, 2006 receive L$500 per week.

Certain old basic accounts get a stipend; basic accounts created

• Before May 29, 2006 receive a stipend of L$50 per week, if they log in that week.
  • After May 29, 2006 do not receive a weekly stipend.

The answer is here: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.