Sign in to follow this  
Ark Vuckovic

Avastar vs Easy Tool for Avatar.

Question

I'm not sure if that the right forum but anyway  I'll ask. On the Marketplace i found a Blender addon named Easy Tool for Avatar. My question is, if anybody is using that addon? If so how it differs from Avastar?

Thank you.

6 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply. There is a problem. The creator didn't provide a demo. All 5 review for that product are not convincing (

they may be from creator's friends).

Had a look and I got the same feeling as you did. What stood out to me is that every single review went out of its way to bless the creator for being super helpful. That's very unlikely to happen albeit not impossible.

You could contact the creator with any specific questions you have, and I can see how it would be difficult to provide a demo. Perhaps suggest the creator make a demo video on the things it does.

49 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It actually looks legitimate as I found these on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Easy+Tool+for+Avatar

And a website :

https://easy-blender.com/

At first sight it seems to be interesting to bind bones to a custom avatar, but not to rig mesh clothing to mesh bodies like Maitreya, Slink,... It lacks some tools like transfer weights, appearance editing to see how your cloth works at different sizes of the body, and certainly others I forget.  So it depends of what you want to do 🙂

Edited by Laurent Bechir
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ark Vuckovic said:

I'm not sure if that the right forum but anyway  I'll ask. On the Marketplace i found a Blender addon named Easy Tool for Avatar. My question is, if anybody is using that addon? If so how it differs from Avastar?

Thank you.

I don't know about your find, but Avaster is well-established and trusted. I believe all the better creators have been using Avatar since its inception. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give the other a go, though as always: Demo first.

Edited by Alyona Su

35 minutes ago, Laurent Bechir said:

And a website :

https://easy-blender.com/

At first sight it seems to be interesting to bind bones to a custom avatar, but not to rig mesh clothing to mesh bodies like Maitreya, Slink,... It lacks some tools like transfer weights, appearance editing to see how your cloth works at different sizes of the body, and certainly others I forget.  So it depends of what you want to do 🙂

I agree. Though, at first blush, it appears to be similar to Avastar, it's not. It's a different product with a different purpose in mind. Somewhat like the MakeHuman converter for SL that was pretty popular a while a go. The difference is this is that, but for Blender (which gives more granular control over the rigging than the MakeHuman converter does).

I can see this as a good tool if you want to make a lot of avatars. It is likely what the video-game-model-rippers are using when they create their super-hero (and other) avatars.

Edited by Alyona Su