Ok Sloomer! The Rise and Fall of Second Life Generations

Scylla Rhiadra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sloldbie here, just. Don't have a lot of sympathy for people who whine about SL issues, because I remember when they were far worse (once a week grid shutdown, remember that). Some of the newer players seem a bit more entitled to me and don't seem to realize that the places they like to go are being paid for by somebody else and they have no special right to be there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

Sloldbie here, just. Don't have a lot of sympathy for people who whine about SL issues, because I remember when they were far worse (once a week grid shutdown, remember that). Some of the newer players seem a bit more entitled to me and don't seem to realize that the places they like to go are being paid for by somebody else and they have no special right to be there.

Remember when Anshe went ballistic on the old forums because LL locked her account for non-payment? Fun times. xD

• Like 1

What I need for my antiques collection is a copy of the first posterior slapper, which is unrealistic because lots of people back then could start, write, and finish a posterior slapper in LSL while holding their breath.  This thread reminded me.

I remember being thrilled to hunt around in my new megaprim inventory to build anything, because I could only make prims up to 10 meters.   I had a weapon that used a long thin megaprim to shoot from one corner of Jessie to the other; arrows stop at "no object entry" zones, but megaprims reach right through.  I have some 2048x2048 textures in my inventory; one can no longer upload textures that large.

Edited by Erwin Solo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I did get bento balls (because, as those who know me from the old days know, I'm serious about having awesome balls) and my reaction was "seriously, someone felt the need to create this?".

Technological Solutionism at work! "I've invented something that people don't even yet realize they need!"

Are these the ones that wobble?

I have a (male) friend who swears by his. (Literally.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.