AndreaHope

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And also LeLutka.

Be advised that skin creators does not make skins for all heads. Before spending 5000 L on a head, make sure you will use the default skins that comes with the heads. This is often the only options for small brands.

I will say that male skin creators create skins for Catwa, period. Then some also makes skins for LeLutka. For the rest of the heads, it is a matter of luck, to find skins. Most heads have a good neck fit, but still you must use the camera and zoom in close. Especially on the back. Shoulder-long hair can conceal a bad neck fit. Try on demos with and without hair.

Use search words on Youtube to find review videos if he has troubles with how to use the demo.

The choice of head rests in part on which body he's purchased. And that - in turn - will affect the selection of skin options that he has.

If he's opted for one of the major body brands then he should find no problem finding skins and heads to match it. Currently the major body brands are:

• Signature (Gianni and Geralt)
  • Belleza (Jake)
  • The Shops (Legacy)
  • Slink (Physique Male)

There are far more bodies out there, but those are the ones that the majority of skin creators will make body-specific skins for. Many of them will also create Omega body skins (note that Legacy is not Omega-compatible, and it's still relatively new, so only about half a dozen or so skin creators have made appliers for it thus far) but there are vanishingly few creators who make male Omega head appliers.

As Marianne has said, most male skin creators will create primarily for Catwa. Currently, there are eight male Bento heads at Catwa, and three male non-Bento heads. Bento is more popular, because you can have additional customisation via the shape sliders, plus motion capture animations (which isn't possible with the non-Bento heads, although those do have 'frames animated' add-ons that can be purchased) but many guys wear and like the non-Bento heads. As you might expect, the price is higher for the 'more customisation' option: L$5,000 for a Bento head versus L$900 for a non-Bento head.

The second head brand that some male skin creators make for is Lelutka. Currently there are two male Bento heads at Lelutka, at L$5,000 each. They have no non-Bento heads.

There are other head brands out there - such as Akeruka, Altamura, GA.EG, and Vista - but it can be harder to find skins for those. Most of them will offer their own head appliers, plus a choice of body appliers for the major brands, but that's your lot. You won't find a wide selection of head appliers from skin creators for those heads.

Thank you for the help everyone, we appreciate it. he has a belleza jake body. 

i would love to get him a LAQ head like mine but i wouldn't know where to look. im having no luck on marketplace and only LAQ shop ive found is womens..where i got mine from.. but im going to look in to the other brands too with him.

23 minutes ago, AndreaHope said:

Thank you for the help everyone, we appreciate it. he has a belleza jake body. 

i would love to get him a LAQ head like mine but i wouldn't know where to look. im having no luck on marketplace and only LAQ shop ive found is womens..where i got mine from.. but im going to look in to the other brands too with him.

I will advise you to look up LeLutka and take a look at their two male heads. It is just a feeling I have that the male LeLutkas will be a good match.

LeLutka sell inworld only. This is their blog post about their second male head, Guy. http://lelutka.com/blog/lelutka-feb-16th-bento-head-guy/

Slurl: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeLutka/119/138/24

Stray Dog is a very well known skin maker that makes skin appliers for bodies and heads. He has a lot of appliers for Catwa, but he has also a noticeable amount of LeLutka appliers.

Catwa demos can be found on the Marketplace: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/29673?utf8=✓&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=&search[per_page]=12&search[keywords]=%2Bmale+%2Bbento&search[price_low]=0&search[price_high]=10&search[land_impact_low]=&search[land_impact_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0

Take demos, and try them out more than a few minutes. Try the HUDs. All moods and animations. Wear them around in your house or skybox. This is going to be his face, his personality.

At last: USE THE DEMO SHAPE. The mesh heads is not like the system head. The default system head shape is often twisted and deformed under the mesh head. Wearing a shape that isn't made for a mesh head can give him an ugly face. It is better to start with the demo shape, and edit it from there. Make the alterations he want, then resize the body by writing down the body numbers from his current shape and change the head shape from the neck down.

Remember to save "As copy". There will probably be changes along the way, it is good to have earlier shapes to go back to if one wish to revert the changes.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.