Alchemy Viewer Rainbow Colors?

Velk Kerang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alchemy Viewer Rainbow Colors? I just installed it to take a look. I haven't even logged in with it yet, but only started it once and closed it out and I get pretty rainbow colors that make me reboot in order to fix it. Anyone else have this issue? lol I was going to test it on a Windows 10 platform with an AMD card. Now I am not so sure. lol I haven't even got out of the starting gate with it. Is this a usual thing with this viewer now? lol :D

9 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Does this also happen in other viewers or in other graphic intense applications?

Speculation-wise, it could be anything from a corrupted texture cache to a broken GPU.

No Ma'am I never once had an issue until I installed this viewer. I am not sure what redistributbles it installed from 2017, but the only other issue I've noticed since installing it with regards to another viewer was Radegast which is a text viewer. I was in a conversation today on there in fact and right as I opened a page or another tab rather in Firefox my screen went entirely black and stayed that way so I had to power my system off and boot it back up. I was on both Firestorm and Singularity last night and I didn't have any issues. I switched over to Radegast today so I could do other things outside of SL and basically just chat if anyone needed me for anything. I've never had this issue before so I am not entirely sure where to look for the conflict at. The last time I tested that viewer I was using Windows 7 and it was fine. This time I am using Windows 10 so I am not sure if it's a case of something conflicting with the OS or what. My drivers for my card are updated so I am really not sure what to do or what would be causing it at this point.

I am fairly sure it's software related. If it were an issue with my gpu I'd think I'd have this issue regardless of what OS I was running. And I do run other graphic intense applications/games with out issue. This problem only started exactly right after I installed this viewer and all of it's contents. So I am curious as to what exactly it installed or what system changes it may have made in this recent version. Because I wasn't having issues before that and also keep in mind I did not even run the graphics portion of this viewer yet. I only let it load up to the character select log in screen and hit exit on it. So my gpu hasn't even been used with this viewer yet. Anyway thanks again for the help. :)

On 10/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, Velk Kerang said:

Alchemy Viewer Rainbow Colors? I just installed it to take a look. I haven't even logged in with it yet, but only started it once and closed it out and I get pretty rainbow colors that make me reboot in order to fix it. Anyone else have this issue? lol I was going to test it on a Windows 10 platform with an AMD card. Now I am not so sure. lol I haven't even got out of the starting gate with it. Is this a usual thing with this viewer now? lol :D

If you're testing the last published release from two years ago, consider joining their inworld group or Discord channel for more direct help.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willow Wilder said:

If you're testing the last published release from two years ago, consider joining their inworld group or Discord channel for more direct help.

I saw the inworld group for them listed on the site, but I don't have a group I can presently drop. I didn't see anything about a Discord though listed on their web site. Do you have an invite link by chance? Thanks I appreciate it. :)

3 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

It’s a Windows 1903 bug. 

I had a feeling it might be a Windows 10 issue as that would explain it. It's weird it would effect me running Radegast now as well too though. Thanks I appreciate it. :)

It reads as if Radegast was the trigger for your problems, not even the outdated Alchemy viewer. I'd probably get rid of both those viewers, manually look up and clean their system folders and just rely on a properly working viewer. There could be an unlucky incident which might have messed up the config files of your numerous viewers. Not quite likely, but it could have happened. 

Like, Firestorm also has a "text" preset which you can pick on the login screen - see the attached screencap. 

91LonkwUnj.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Do you have an invite link by chance?

Sure. It was sent out in a group notice. Alchemy Viewer Discord

Not sure I would agree about Radegast being a trigger (unless it too was a very outdated version). Last release was October 9th (new release info is posted in nearby chat when you login) and it runs very well for me. Radegast Viewer

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2019 at 7:11 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

It reads as if Radegast was the trigger for your problems, not even the outdated Alchemy viewer. I'd probably get rid of both those viewers, manually look up and clean their system folders and just rely on a properly working viewer. There could be an unlucky incident which might have messed up the config files of your numerous viewers. Not quite likely, but it could have happened. 

Like, Firestorm also has a "text" preset which you can pick on the login screen - see the attached screencap. 

91LonkwUnj.jpg

Oh neat I actually never realized they actually had a text preset. I learned something new today. Thanks for that. lol :D

I am sorry I didn't mean for it to read as if Radegast was the trigger. I guess I worded myself wrong. I was just meaning that I had one issue with Radegast since the install that what ever Alchemy installed like the 2017 redistributbles might have had an effect on Radegast. Before that time I never had an issue while running it and currently I only had the one black screen glitch so far. For all I know it could not even be viewer related to that viewer. For all I know Firefox may have caused the glitch out. I am just taking a guess on that since Alchemy was the cause of rainbow bright colors all over my the place and this happened directly right after. lol I am fairly sure it is a Windows 10 compatibility issue. Which is why I tell my friends I keep 3 OS'es on my rig. Windows 10 for the new stuff, Windows 7 for the old, and Linux Ubuntu 18.04 LTS for everything else in between. lol :D

On 10/30/2019 at 8:51 AM, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I've not had any problems with Radegast on Windows 10, but older viewers such as Alchemy, Onlook, and Curl-All_Studio ? all give the rainbow problem.

Ya I am thinking I am going to keep Windows 10 exclusive to Firestorm and Radegast only. Even Singularity isn't acting right on it right now. It occasionally crashes and I have a heck of a time loading my large inventory up on it. I generally keep a back up viewer in case I have a serious glitch out and need to fix some stuff on one and/or a low end one for fps gain, but finding one that works decently with Windows 10 is becoming increasingly annoying and I seldom have issues with Firestorm and the issues I have had which isn't very often I can work around those. I am glad you mentioned Ctrl-All_Studio though because that is one of my usual choices I keep on hand even though it's no longer updated. So thanks for the head up on that. :)

On 10/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, Willow Wilder said:

Sure. It was sent out in a group notice. Alchemy Viewer Discord

Not sure I would agree about Radegast being a trigger (unless it too was a very outdated version). Last release was October 9th (new release info is posted in nearby chat when you login) and it runs very well for me. Radegast Viewer

Thank you so very much. I did have one last question for you while I am thinking about it. Is there a Firestorm discord? I been looking for that one too. On the Radegast thing I think I totally miss-worded myself or wasn't clear enough. I don't think it was the trigger. I just think it might possibly have been effected by what ever changes were made. I could be wrong on that though. I'll check the Alchemy discord though and see if anyone's worked out a Windows 10 fix and if not then I probably won't even worry with a secondary viewer on that OS. It's becoming more trouble then it's worth. lol Thanks again for the help. I really and truly appreciate it. :)

19 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Is there a Firestorm discord?

There is not, and we have no plans to make that leap yet. We have several inworld groups in different languages, a Jira for bug reporting and support tickets, classes, a Wiki, all of which can be accessed via the viewer menus. Add to that, a Gateway. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Willow Wilder said:

There is not, and we have no plans to make that leap yet. We have several inworld groups in different languages, a Jira for bug reporting and support tickets, classes, a Wiki, all of which can be accessed via the viewer menus. Add to that, a Gateway. 🙂 

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.I wasn't to sure about that. I thought maybe I was just having trouble finding it like the other one. I believe I got the in world group on my bank toon so I should be covered on that front. I started running out of group space on my main though. lol I may actually consider going premium after all these years just for the extra 20 or so group slots they give you. lol :D

• Like 1

Ok mates just an update on this thread really for those having issues with this viewer. You can get the updates for it in Discord. It is still being currently worked on. So they do in fact still update it. Rye was kind enough to help me get sorted. What I have learned is this. If you get a error saying , "Application was unable to start correctly, (0xC0000142)", then more then likely it's an issue with your processor. The 64 bit is designed to run with newer processors however the 32 bit version will still operate on older hardware. Never thought I'd see the day when I got told my processor was old and dated given it's speed. lol I am not sure how I feel about that. Lmao!!!!🤣

Anyway. lol Big thanks again to @Willow Wilder for sharing the Discord link. So awesome of her to do so. The Alchemy peoples would be lost with out her. lol :D😜

So far in my testing of viewers on the Windows 10 OS it's for the most part fared well. At least the 32 bit version does anyway. I can't really say I have had any viewer run flawlessly on Windows 10 as of yet, but this one is definitely giving it a run for it's money. lol They also just recently added RLV in to it as well for those looking for a RLV viewer. I definitely recommend having this viewer along side with Firestorm and Singularity if you like having more then one viewer alternative. Hope this helps. Best of luck everyone. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.