5 letters game

21 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

For (relative) newcomers to the game! These are the rules/acceptable variations as I understand them...

• Your response must use all 5 of the letters of the previous seed, in order.
  • Response MAY be a complete sentence or even multiple sentences. (extra points if it is!) ("Points" meaning style points, not actual score points, of which there are none.)
  • Response MAY continue the theme of previous responses. (Another extra style point!)
  • Your seed must be 5 letters
  • Seed may be a word in your response, generally the last word
  • Seed may be a sixth word in your response (this is actually the commonest format)

Now, back to the game. Rolig entered the last seed, WATER

What are they eating, Rolig? STRAW?

I think we should amend the rules to say the 5 letters need to be a word. It's not that hard to think of 5 letter words rather than random letters.

• Like 2

I know how I like to play the game, but I recognize that there are other ways to enjoy it.  For me, I like the challenge of building a theme from previous posts, so for me it's really important to have seeds that are real words.  Even better if the seed is the last word in the sentence.  I know that some other people enjoy making quirky phrases rather than sentences, which is OK too. We all seem to have fun.

• Like 3