Games and alts

malienna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If alts were not allowed but people still used them to fish, it would be unfair to people who use just their main to fish for this reason:

Most landowners will put around 2k into their buoy during multipliers.

This enables around 140 people to fish (14L per person)

If each person were to use 4 alts to fish, only 35 people would be able to fish at the buoy (56L per 4 alts)

So in effect, 100+ people would not be able to fish due to the use of alts. 

Those 100 people would then have to fish 9 buoys (four and a half hours of fishing) to earn the equivalent of what those using alts made in just 30 minutes at that one buoy.

Fairness would only play a role in this if you (general) were entitled to something (such as paying for something, working for something, some other kind of action that would afford an entitlement...and I am not using that word in the snarky way most use it these days, I am using it simply to indicate having earned something, lol). Since we are not, and landowners host these places for..whatever reasons they want...look at it as the mutual transaction that it is, and nothing more. 

Even though those game owners and CSRs might tell you otherwise...ignore that hogwash, fairness plays no role whatsoever in any of the "rules" they have(implied or otherwise). At the end of the day, they still make money/rep/whatever off you, landowners still get...whatever it is they are trying to get...you still get to fish and earn-(usually at very little to no cost to you, even). No one involved really cares about "fair"-and it'll probably just hurt your head to try and do so, it's just a transaction.

• Like 1

I love hearing other people's perspectives, thank you! Sometimes my mind gets stuck in a certain way of thinking and needs help to think outside it's little box lol. Everything you said makes perfect sense, and has shifted my views in a much more enjoyable direction. Going back to my mindless, grateful fishing now:):) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, malienna said:

I love hearing other people's perspectives, thank you! Sometimes my mind gets stuck in a certain way of thinking and needs help to think outside it's little box lol. Everything you said makes perfect sense, and has shifted my views in a much more enjoyable direction. Going back to my mindless, grateful fishing now:):) 

I just wanted to take a moment to say how much I admire your response here, and throughout this thread generally. You came here with questions, and an open mind, and when you were given information, you absorbed it and were not afraid to change your mind.

Too often -- and I'm as guilty of this as anyone! -- one becomes entrenched in one's views, and resists rather than engages with those who have other perspectives. I very much respect the way you managed this.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2019 at 1:49 PM, Tari Landar said:

Most really don't care, it's all about the traffic for them, no matter what altruistic reasons they give for hosting these games...they benefit in traffic and clout in some cases (it's nice being known as someone who has a nice place, really, I'm not knocking it, but...they'll get that regardless, nice places and nice people get praise). They are payi

The game that tries to have restrictions set to IP isn't as effective as they think, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of alts playing that game, successfully i might add, and have been for years. The only reason that "restriction" is in place, really, is to get people to stop complaining in group chat, on lands, and to landowners about alts. SO they pretend to have a rule in place that "prevents" alt use.  It doesn't, it can't, and it won't :) So I wouldn't care if I were you, just enjoy your fishing :D 

Just use a VPN to get a new IP when your Alt cashes in.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:34 PM, malienna said:

I am not triggered by alts lol I have alts myself. Now that I know most landowners don't care if people use alts while fishing it totally changes my point of view,  since it is quite foolish for someone like me to fish with only one avatar if it is allowed to fish with more than one, since someone who fishes using four avatars simultaneously will be making 56L per buoy instead of 14L. 

If you're planning on making a bunch of alts to fish with, be prepared for them to start demanding new clothes, nice hair, another pair of shoes, and before you know it, all your fishing profits are gone...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.