Can not get BOM to work with my avatar

SpiritSparrow Skydancer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah BOM is here... well not for me... So, I do wear the included with the new (BOM) mesh body HUD. and as soon as I remove the alpha that is when my problems begin. The system avatar is poking through the mesh avatar and the HUD for BOM provided by the creator doesn't even apply to the mesh body... I have followed all instructions but it still will not work. Why is this so hard?!?!!?   attached is a picture of my world. (I even went to a character test figure to assure my helper I was NOT wearing an alpha)  I have had 2 redelivered mesh bodies (BOM able) and is there a setting I am missing in my SL? Happening in both LL and FS viewer...(both are BOM viewers)

Snapshot22_001.png

I don't use Altamura so some of this is guessing, but I do see the Omega symbol on the BoM HUD.  Do you need to be wearing a relay when using Omega?  Or is that what the "adapter" is on the top right?  If you have replaced the body, do you need to set it up for Omega again? I know with Maitreya I have to click the Omega HUD and let it find the body.

And just to cover the bases, you are clicking the BoM HUD once it is attached, right?  It should work just like an applier.

It looks like the BoM textures are just not applying for some reason.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

I'm going to hazard a guess that Rhonda's on the right track. I can't find an Altamura relay or installer on the Omega Marketplace store, so I'm not sure if one exists. Usually what happens with BOM relays is that they act just like a traditional skin applier, and apply the bake textures to the skin layer of the head/body. That's what I'm guessing the 'BOM Unisex Applier' means on the HUD you have there.

If there is an Altamura Omega relay then wear that while trying to apply the unisex applier. If it's an Omega installer instead, try reinstalling Omega into the body.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Yeah BOM is here... well not for me... So, I do wear the included with the new (BOM) mesh body HUD. and as soon as I remove the alpha that is when my problems begin. The system avatar is poking through the mesh avatar and the HUD for BOM provided by the creator doesn't even apply to the mesh body... I have followed all instructions but it still will not work. Why is this so hard?!?!!?   attached is a picture of my world. (I even went to a character test figure to assure my helper I was NOT wearing an alpha)  I have had 2 redelivered mesh bodies (BOM able) and is there a setting I am missing in my SL? Happening in both LL and FS viewer...(both are BOM viewers)

Which Altamura body are you wearing?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

I can't find an Altamura relay or installer on the Omega Marketplace store, so I'm not sure if one exists.

There is an Omega Relay/Installer for Altamura, but only at the inworld location - and I can't remember if it installs to the body or is a relay that has to be worn when using Omega.

Tarina - If you need the Omega Relay, this SLURL will put you on the 2nd floor of the store, right in front of the relay:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Omega Solutions/202/129/30

However, also note that the Altamura BoM Gift skin will NOT work on any of the Gift bodies, per the note inside the package - that is why I asked which body you were wearing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is an Omega Relay/Installer for Altamura, but only at the inworld location - and I can't remember if it installs to the body or is a relay that has to be worn when using Omega.

Tarina - If you need the Omega Relay, this SLURL will put you on the 2nd floor of the store, right in front of the relay:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Omega Solutions/202/129/30

However, also note that the Altamura BoM Gift skin will NOT work on any of the Gift bodies, per the note inside the package - that is why I asked which body you were wearing.

that is exactly what I was missing. The instructions were missing that info! George, the creator, helped me work it all out. Now I am a BOM fan. thanks for your help LMJ! &&* Juliet

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I don't use Altamura so some of this is guessing, but I do see the Omega symbol on the BoM HUD.  Do you need to be wearing a relay when using Omega?  Or is that what the "adapter" is on the top right?  If you have replaced the body, do you need to set it up for Omega again? I know with Maitreya I have to click the Omega HUD and let it find the body.

And just to cover the bases, you are clicking the BoM HUD once it is attached, right?  It should work just like an applier.

It looks like the BoM textures are just not applying for some reason.

thanks! I am quite a noob and did not realize you must do this. Thankfully you guys and George helped me see the way of it!! 

Edited by Tarina Sewell

i did try to tell you yesterday in the altamura group that you did need to install the omega installer AGAIN if you did a redelivery but i got no response from you...perhaps you were relogging... anyway im glad you got it sorted now:) and George is a rock he can sort most everything(even if he isnt the creator he is altamura manager ;) )

On 10/4/2019 at 3:27 AM, Elise Banx said:

i did try to tell you yesterday in the altamura group that you did need to install the omega installer AGAIN if you did a redelivery but i got no response from you...perhaps you were relogging... anyway im glad you got it sorted now:) and George is a rock he can sort most everything(even if he isnt the creator he is altamura manager ;) )

Who is the creator then? I am sorry I missed your post.  The group was very busy.. I had Vita helping me at one point and she never said I needed the omega. Although it was a bit of a language barrier I think.. Some of her translations were hard to understand. But she did try.

Rumegusc Altamura is the creator of the Altamura Mesh body :) and yes it was a busy time in the group and sometimes the language barrier can be a problem when none of us native english speaking CSRs is avaliable. you can always call on me if you have any problems :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.