Mesh - Seriously is it even worth the trouble???

Mattress Runningbear

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

One of the things to remember with mesh heads is they are all unique and they all (or nearly all) use a different base shape from the classic head. This means that just because you can't recreate your original system shape with your current head, doesn't mean you can't recreate it with a different one. If your head doesn't work for you, try some demos of different heads and see if they are any others that work better for you. Also remember that the skin will also have a big effect; sometimes a certain skin looks great on one head but terrible on another, so maybe just changing to a different skin is all that you need.

I ended up going with a Genus head rather than the Lelutka I'd originally purchased.  Yep, that's 5000 lindens down the drain, but ultimately I feel much better with the Genus, and was able to make it look more "me" :)

• Like 2

While it make look better to an extent I think whether or not if its worth it is up to the person using it. Performance wise I definitely think mesh and bento and all that taxes the server/grid a lot more then it can handle. Use to be you could have a full on sim party with the sim max limit hit and not feel any real lag what so ever if you had a decent enough rig and at least 500 megs of video memory on your card. Now days even with a video card of 4 gigs of video memory to play around with you get puzzle pieces where avatars should be and more often then not your hitting that show friends only button if your on Firestorm. lol I can only imagine how much worse it would have been if it had been introduced back the day when SL had a much larger population. lol :D

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.