Shapes not working

MoraSov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just have a quick question is about how the shapes work on mi head, I been using catwa catya only and when I make a shape from 0 it works fine but when I buy one the shape doesn´t look like the one I bought I have 3 in total that i dont use because the shape isn´t looking like the one shown it still looks like the one I have before, and Idont know if it is a problem from my part or the shape.

This is how i look normally: http://prntscr.com/opwtg8

This is how im supposed to look: http://prntscr.com/opwv92

And this is how it looks worn in me: 

http://prntscr.com/opwwgm

Edited by MoraSov

you need special made shapes (or make it yourself) for that specific head, and specific skin applier, specific hair, make up and what more is shown on a advertising picture, and not to forget the windlight...and the pic most likely is photoshopped.
Any of these variables can, and mostly will, give different looks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MoraSov said:

I just have a quick question is about how the shapes work on mi head, I been using catwa catya only and when I make a shape from 0 it works fine but when I buy one the shape doesn´t look like the one I bought I have 3 in total that i dont use because the shape isn´t looking like the one shown it still looks like the one I have before, and Idont know if it is a problem from my part or the shape.

This is how i look normally: http://prntscr.com/opwtg8

This is how im supposed to look: http://prntscr.com/opwv92

And this is how it looks worn in me: 

http://prntscr.com/opwwgm

If you look closely you can see that your shape has actually changed. What hasn't changed is the skin. To get your mesh head to look exactly like the picture you not only need to wear the same shape but you absolutely must use the same skin the person used in the picture.

Each brand of head works differently with the shape settings. The promo image of the shape and the result you are having suggests the shape you bought is not for the head you have. The face length appears off, which is why I think there is a mismatch.

I make my own shapes, body and head. I start with the shape included with the head. That way I know the starting shpe is for that head.

This is the basic problem:

Heads-n-Shapes.jpg.fcce8489d22a1f4695b7c

The unfortunate reality is not all shapes work with all heads.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Nevemind the different skin and tone, as this is just an experiment, but especially the lips shape are radically different from what they're supposed to look like:

yes the skin dóes mind, the lips on the advertised shape/skin cán be painted totally different. ( as also does the light, you get totally different shadows)
It's nearly impossible to compare shapes and pictures.
Perhaps see if there's a demo of the skin as advertised?

As Alwin mentioned, both skin and Windlight will change how you look. If the shape's creator includes a style card, pick up a demo of the skin that they're wearing in the ad and try that. Then, change your Windlight to something like [NB] Alpine Skinlight RGB (scroll to the bottom of the list in Firestorm's Quick Prefs, find the [TOR] Torley presets, then scroll up just a little to find Alpine Skinlight). Video here to help you find it. Finally, turn off the Full Face AO on your head's Animation HUD (how to do that is here), because the animations will change things such as the shape of your eyes and your lips, purely because they're making you smile (so the outer corners of your mouth lift), etc. The ad image looks to have been taken with no animations running. Once you've done all of that you'll probably find that you look fairly close to the ad image (minus any makeup being worn).

(You can. of course, re-enable the animations after that if you want to. But if you're trying to check whether a shape actually looks like its advert, you need to try and replicate the conditions that image was taken under as closely as possible. So: skin, makeup, animations, Windlight, etc.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

As Alwin mentioned, both skin and Windlight will change how you look. If the shape's creator includes a style card, pick up a demo of the skin that they're wearing in the ad and try that. Then, change your Windlight to something like [NB] Alpine Skinlight RGB (scroll to the bottom of the list in Firestorm's Quick Prefs, find the [TOR] Torley presets, then scroll up just a little to find Alpine Skinlight). Video here to help you find it. Finally, turn off the Full Face AO on your head's Animation HUD (how to do that is here), because the animations will change things such as the shape of your eyes and your lips, purely because they're making you smile (so the outer corners of your mouth lift), etc. The ad image looks to have been taken with no animations running. Once you've done all of that you'll probably find that you look fairly close to the ad image (minus any makeup being worn).

(You can. of course, re-enable the animations after that if you want to. But if you're trying to check whether a shape actually looks like its advert, you need to try and replicate the conditions that image was taken under as closely as possible. So: skin, makeup, animations, Windlight, etc.)

Thanks, guys. :) Going to try these things. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.