Could not find animation error on HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been playing around with various HUDs, but with a couple (the ones I actually like the layout of, wouldn't you know), I get a "Could not find animation" error message

https://lensdump.com/i/WxnKBm

Even though I get this warning, the animations still work fine, but closing out the box gets annoying, and I don't know I to fix it. I can not mod the scripts on ether HUD, as they are no mod. I am using Linden Labs Viewer.

Edited by MissSweetViolet

The answer is simple. The animation is missing from the HUD. 
There are three things that you could do:

1. Contact the creator, explain the problem and hope they are decent people and will replace your HUD with one that does contain the jana 00 animation.
  2. Throw away the HUD, never look back.
  3. Keep closing the error message

There is really no fourth option.

Their HUDs where you add your own animations in to them. I have triple checked, and the animations are in there, and like I said, they do work, I just keep getting the error message which I have to close every time I pick an animation. The only thing no mod is the script that handles the buttons on the animations/triggers them, which does work, but I just always the above message. Which I don't understand, since it seems to work just fine.

The fact that it works fine despite throwing this error is very strange. I'd guess that somehow the script generating the error is a different script from the one that's successfully doing the animating, and unless there's some subtle difference in the naming (one script is telling the other a slightly wrong name) it seems most likely that the different scripts are in different prims.

It could be that they're different prims in the same linked HUD object, communicating by llMessageLinked. My hunch, though, is that somehow you're either wearing another separate HUD or there's one rezzed somewhere freestanding, perhaps dropped on the floor, and that the working HUD is telling the other one to do something with an animation it doesn't have.

If it were me, I'd want to be sure this happens when I teleport to a distant region, and if it still does, then try with no other attachments worn except the one HUD that's successfully animating me. If that still doesn't solve it, I'd want to look at the structure of the object to see if there are any other scripts anywhere outside the link containing the animations.

Incidentally, is the HUD available for free somewhere so others could test and try to diagnose it?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2019 at 7:22 PM, Qie Niangao said:

The fact that it works fine despite throwing this error is very strange. I'd guess that somehow the script generating the error is a different script from the one that's successfully doing the animating, and unless there's some subtle difference in the naming (one script is telling the other a slightly wrong name) it seems most likely that the different scripts are in different prims.

It could be that they're different prims in the same linked HUD object, communicating by llMessageLinked. My hunch, though, is that somehow you're either wearing another separate HUD or there's one rezzed somewhere freestanding, perhaps dropped on the floor, and that the working HUD is telling the other one to do something with an animation it doesn't have.

If it were me, I'd want to be sure this happens when I teleport to a distant region, and if it still does, then try with no other attachments worn except the one HUD that's successfully animating me. If that still doesn't solve it, I'd want to look at the structure of the object to see if there are any other scripts anywhere outside the link containing the animations.

Incidentally, is the HUD available for free somewhere so others could test and try to diagnose it?

Sorry, had broke my elbow shortly after writing this, so was unable to reply till now. I did as you said and went to a different area, and took off everything I could that the space would allow anyway, and still got the error. One thing I did notice, is it seems to happen, when I use a different button (this HUD has 7 different ones with like the ability to put 20 ish animations in each.) So the first button works fine with the animations in it, the others after work as well, but throw the error message out.

Unfortunately, the HUD is not free, I got it from the MP for L$ 1. I didn't know if it would be okay to post the link to it, so I have not, but could if it's okay in this situation.

Edited by MissSweetViolet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.