NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There HAS been an increase in this over the last couple of months for me. Its at the point where its seriously annoying again.

I think the original issue (someone can correct me if I am wrong)  which was supposedly fixed, was some race condition in the simulator software? When the original issue was declared fixed, things went back to being good again for me, really good, failed tp+disconnect was rare. Now its happening often again!

I suspect there is an issue again and latency is a probably an influencing factor. In some cases users will naturally have a higher latency due to geographical distance to the network that hosts the simulators. For me, the latency to the US is around 180ms-250ms (depending on network conditions and where in the US the host is).

The thing is, LL will look at this and say "we see no issue" - my response "now add some latency to simulate your overseas visitors who don't have your ultra low latency times like you do in the US and see how you go!" -- and that's easily achieved from the US, use an overseas VPN to conduct tests.

It is absolutely not my internet, as I recently changed ISP's and broadband solution types (from HFC cable to Fiber to the home). The issue was no better or worse after the change. It is unlikely to be my router either (its no potato I assure you, its a Cisco (current and supported model) with a list price of around $10k in the US). Everything is ethernet too, no patchy wifi garbage.

Edited by mygoditsfullofstars

• 11 months later...

I do not know whether my problem is the same as discussed her but at least it is similar. I hope somebody can give me a hint how to handle it.

Since about mid of January 2021, I cannot teleport to a certain region. It is “Laguna Bay 165.99.27”. The problem occurs independent of the starting region. All other regions I tried up to now I can reach with no problems.

The teleport to “Laguna Bay” gets stuck and after some time I get the message that the connection to this region has been broken and I have been logged out of SL. I get a frozen fragmented view of my starting point and the message “You have been logged out of Second Life. You have been disconnected from the region you were in” and the choice “View IM & Chat” or “Quit”.

I connect in from Germany. Bandwidth 50Mbit.

I use Firestorm on my PC. I also tried the SL Viewer (clean installation).

If I use my Laptop with a clean installation of the SL Viewer, I get the same effect.

I made a completely new SL avatar without any speciality. But always the same result

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.