Anybody on here use heroku.com?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm trying to set up an ad server. And I want to set up a website, for the ad server to communicate to. The server will be showing a different ad every 30 seconds, and repeat every 60 minutes. I signed up at heroku.  After signing up, I went to my page. The page says create a new app. I don't want to create an app, I want to build a web page. I set the language as PHP. Another thing. It says I have 512 MB of RAM. But I don't know how much bandwidth I get.  I got the free version. But I don't know if that would be enough. Another place I signed up was 000webhost. They offer 10 GB of bandwidth.  I'm not sure yet which one offers a better deal. I have somebody else making the server.

So if anybody on here uses heroku, 000webhost, or another hosting website for in world servers, let me know.

I'm trying to set up an ad server. And I want to set up a website, for the ad server to communicate to. The server will be showing a different ad every 30 seconds, and repeat every 60 minutes. I signed up at heroku.  After signing up, I went to my page. The page says create a new app. I don't want to create an app, I want to build a web page. I set the language as PHP. Another thing. It says I have 512 MB of RAM. But I don't know how much bandwidth I get.  I got the free version. But I don't know if that would be enough. Another place I signed up was 000webhost. They offer 10 GB of bandwidth.  I'm not sure yet which one offers a better deal. I have somebody else making the server. He will tell me what to type. I need to know what to click on.

The ads will be on the server, not on the website. The ads will be for stores, and clubs in SL.

So if anybody on here uses heroku, 000webhost, or another hosting website for in world servers, let me know.  I also have a Wix.com account. I signed up to about three websites last week. Wasn't sure which one was the best. I did set up an account on Wordpress a couple of years ago. But that was for links to some comic strips.  So I have set up websites before, but nothing like this.

Now a question to LL. In the creators forum, why is there no place for websites? Lots of servers in SL, need a website in order to work.

I’m not gonna sit and guide you through setting up a web server, web page, back and forth functionality between the server and SL. That’s on you to go and spend the time, like the rest of us have, to learn how to do those things. 

If you want a reasonably priced and decent server host though. I tend to use Xisto Hosting. I have been using them for 6 years and never had an issue 

Sorry. Website/hosting is outside of LL's support scope. You're dealing with 3rd parties that LL has no jurisdiction over. You need to direct your support questions at the hosting sites. They're the only ones who can answer all but the "which one is best" questions. Which one is best depends on your needs and only you can determine your needs.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Quota & Limits

Heroku has certain soft and hard limits in using its service. Hard limits are automatically enforced by the Service. Soft limits are consumable resources that you agree not to exceed.

• Network Bandwidth: 2TB/month - Soft
  • Shared DB processing: Max 200msec per second CPU time - Soft
  • Dyno RAM usage: Determined by Dyno type - Hard
  • Slug Size: 500MB - Hard
  • Request Length: 30 seconds - Hard
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

you are right Frankie that there is no category for 3rd party services. As you are asking a question (that has some relevance to SL) then I think the place to ask would be in Answers \ Everything Else

It is a website for a server that is located in SL. So I think it does have some relevance to SL.

6 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

you are right Frankie that there is o category for 3rd party services. As you are asking a question (that has some relevance to SL) then I think the place to ask would be in Answers \ Everything Else

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.