When was this item uploaded???

Sorciaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there anyway to find this out? I am always seeing something I may want but then, if there are no reviews I got no idea if it was uploaded a few months ago, or back in 1976.

If there isn't a way to find this out, I think there should be.

8 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

any item, it was only a general question

Okay, and do you mean items on the Marketplace, or in an in-world store/vendor?

If you mean in-world, then there's no such way to tell. 
If you mean on the MP, then the best that you can do is go into the merchant's MP page, and sort the list of items by date.
image.png.0b8fd12ec68b0637d8b76b493963bec5.png

Right click on the item and then choose Object >  INSPECT.  You can see the date at the far right.

image.thumb.png.06161ae93a5c6b1e7a6f9e68c34c8f79.png

For the MARKETPLACE, I don't think you can tell except for looking at dates on reviews. Also note that some items on the Marketplace could be a NEW version of an older item. My best selling item is ten years old and still a great seller. I have updated it four times at the same price. So just because there are old reviews doesn't necessarily mean the item you are buying is OLD.  That should hopefully be explained in the item description.

Edited by Chic Aeon

yeah, I use that to see whats new in the last few days but if you find something you might like, you have no idea when it was made. I think it would be a good idea to show an upload date then maybe edit dates if the item is changed

12 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

Is there anyway to find this out? I am always seeing something I may want but then, if there are no reviews I got no idea if it was uploaded a few months ago, or back in 1976.

If there isn't a way to find this out, I think there should be.

you can also try the creators profile, see if they have a blog/website, if they did a notice about the item in the past, if they have an inworld store as shown you can see the information though sometimes that can be a mix of dates and confusing. Subscribers often have old history that can show if something was posted about said item, and also if you are concerned the item is not supported, check if the creator has been online in some time by looking at potential group info if you want to go that whole route. Marketplace is tricky that way not knowing if something is old or new, but if you like it you do :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.