AliDances

Spiral Stairs

Question

Need to know how to make spiral stairs. If anyone can please help, please either send me a notecard or message me inworld.

Thank you in advanced,

Ali

7 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, AliDances said:

Need to know how to make spiral stairs. If anyone can please help, please either send me a notecard or message me inworld.

Thank you in advanced,

Ali

there are loads of tutorials at youtube for lot of things, here's one

• Like 1

The classic (pre-mesh) way to do it is to rez a cylinder and then cut it drastically and twist, like this ...

d8c95d8939aa5f6ac0ee71dec5f06743.png

Then you have to apply a stair-like texture to it so that it doesn't look like a ramp, or you have to glue prim segments to it to make real stair steps.  Not many people do that any more, though.  Today, most spiral stairs are made in mesh.  

• Like 1

I did one by making a column, then making prim stair treads.  To keep people from falling through the cracks, or off the open side, I  made a twisted ramp like Rolig shows, but I also made it invisible.

stairs1_001.thumb.png.ef96d33944e0cfbfdaa552cc0af32a32.png   stairs2_001.png.37a6511ff92679e37b043d890896389f.png

I was imagining this thread was going to be stories of all those that cannot navigate them :) took me about 8 years to get up and down a set and my friend Ashia just runs away.

For building lots of similar things visit Ivory Tower Library of Primitive, Natoma (210, 164, 27)