Seeking Midcentury/Modern and Industrial Furniture and Decor!!

miaminightmare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody, I figured I'd ask here because I personally haven't had any luck.

My real life bestie decided to start in Second Life and move in with me, and would like to decorate her area of the house and parcel to her tastes, which is a mixture of midcentury/modern and industrial! My understanding of midcentury/modern is it's modern furniture but holds the appeal/design of stuff from the midcentury (1940s to 1960s). Sort of like, what you'd see in the Fallout series but more clean and not post-apocalyptic. I am admittedly god awful at finding decor for myself and have no clue what kind of stores we'd go check out in order to find the styles she likes. If anybody knows some stores to recommend for us to go look at, I'd be very appreciative!!

Thank you for reading! 💋

NEWCHURCH has a lot of industrial and some things that would mix with "mid-century". Both Trompe Loeil and {what next} have some mid-century items (I class them all together in a "retro" lump but they are indeed mid-century on a school exam :D. Actually NEWCHURCH has some mid-century also.  

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

%Percent by Plato Novo has some good stuff. FIN has a lot too, mainly 50s style. I can't log in right now to look unfortunately, but my inventory is full of mid century modern stuff and I have a house in Brown completely decorated in that style. I know I got a couple of really nice furniture sets from The Loft too, they were at events but I imagine they would be in store now.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trompe L'oeil has some great looking midcentury modern furniture, and homes. Below is my current virtual abode, the living room is all Trompe L'oeil as well as the house, "Sedgewick Cottage". I'm always looking for midcentury stuff too. It was just such a happy time for decorating! I love the bright colors.

Actually the TV is a gacha I think from CON.

web_5ce1a2c1d774f855d1000001.jpg

Trompe-Loeil-Sedgewick-Cottage-promo-02-1024x537.jpg

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.