Just for the record...Firestorm/outfit glitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This happened a couple of days ago. I was basically going through my closet, and both refining and dumping certain outfits.

I'd noticed previously that this particular woollen jumper had developed an "oily sheen", as if it had been dipped in an oil bath, but I'd thought no more about it. It's red, but was reflecting shiny black.

So I eventually got to this outfit as part of my clearout, and found that I could no longer change outfits or remove this one. I tried to relog and Firestorm froze, as its been doing with the tp issue (which seems to be resolved now Hurrah!). 

So I tried the SL viewer, which let me in.

I also logged on my alts on Firestorm, and it worked fine.

So I figured (after shouting for help) that it was a corrupt item in that outfit, and the most likely culprit was my jumper. So using the SL viewer I changed outfits and deleted that outfit.

But I still couldn't log on,,,,,,so then I reasoned that there was something in the saved cache (from when I logged out originally in that outfit), which Firestorm didn't like...…..

So I did a clean re-install, and that has fixed it. Since then I've had a redelivery of the jumper and so far......all is well.

I also have the same jumper in white, pink and orange, and no problems with any of these...….just the red one.

Curiously, I had a somewhat similar issue with FS a few days ago. It didn't really affect my appearance, but for some reason the viewer insisted that I wear a second copy of my mesh body along with the one that was part of whatever outfit I changed into. And it would not let me remove the extra mesh body. Ordinarily I've found that when I am inadvertently wearing two copies of the same thing, it's not a big deal, and (while it sends my complexity skyrocketing) it doesn't really change my appearance dramatically. In this case, however, I couldn't adjust the alpha cuts on the second copy of the body, with the result that there was all manner of bits of my sticking out of my clothing. Not an attractive look.

Fortunately, I was able to fix it with a simple relog. Not sure if the problem was FS or something else, though.

Oh and for a while the sim I was on didn't completely rezz. It was about 30% there with gaping holes.........

I prefer my apartment with walls at least!!!

Edited by BelindaN

Neither issue was a problem with Firestorm. Those are server side issues, not client side.

Too often people are too quick to blame the viewer. Just like LL always insists the issue is your computer or connection when you already know, without doubt, what the issue is.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.