Firestorm taking too long to load? on Windows, 32 bit Version of Firestorm. This might help...

sounds Turner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I just wanted to post this for anyone that might be having the same issue I was having with Firestorm.

Thanks to Whirly Fizzle from Firestorm for helping me sort my issue

I'm running the 32 bit version of Firestorm on Windows 10.

From Whirly:

This is probably a problem specific to these older Intel cards unfortunately. 
The benchmarking used to actually crash these Intel HD 2000/2500/3000 drivers.

Lets try disabling Benchmarking & see if that fixes the problem.
All the benchmark does is do a quick test on your card & decide what graphics level it should be set at by default. 
You can change the graphics settings afterwards anyway & the viewer will remember them.
So you don't lose anything by switching benchmarking off.

You are not the only one with this problem, that's why we have a way to disable benchmarking: https://hg.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix-firestorm-lgpl/rev/8551133b1d7b

1. While logged out of Firestorm.
2. Right click the desktop shortcut for Firestorm → Properties → Shortcut tab.
3. In the “Target” text box, go to the end of the text, *add a space* and then add this exact text to the end: --noprobe. 

eg) "C:\Program Files (x86)\FirestormOS-Release\FirestormOS-Release.exe" --set InstallLanguage en --noprobe 
4. Click “OK” to apply to save changes and launch Firestorm using the Desktop shortcut. (Note that if you use the pinned application on your task bar, make sure you pin the shortcut, not the running viewer.)

Hope this helps someone else as it did for me.

Thank you Whirly for your quick assistance.

Sounds Turner

• Thanks 4

11 answers to this question

I think maybe having a Version of Firestorm for older PC's would be a good idea. We keep getting "Force" into updating to the new latest Firestorm version, but the previous ones worked

perfectly fine. It's the new versions of the viewer that are having this issue with older PC's. I like most can't afford to simply run out and buy a new Desktop computer that will run $2000.or more. I get that they want to have the best graphics for newer PC's but at least have an older generation viewer for the older PC's which work perfectly fine and don't need to be updated.

1 hour ago, Lita Jannings said:

I think maybe having a Version of Firestorm for older PC's would be a good idea. We keep getting "Force" into updating to the new latest Firestorm version, but the previous ones worked

perfectly fine. It's the new versions of the viewer that are having this issue with older PC's. I like most can't afford to simply run out and buy a new Desktop computer that will run $2000.or more. I get that they want to have the best graphics for newer PC's but at least have an older generation viewer for the older PC's which work perfectly fine and don't need to be updated.

Learn to use the graphics settings that are best for YOUR machine even if the viewer sets it higher initially.  A lot can be adjusted to give you a smoother performance on an older machine even with the latest viewer releases.

The 32bit version are unstable due to less and lees 32 bit computer out there also 32bit hardware computer are very weaker anyways meaning your going have more issues with second Life . I know firestorm 32bit gives warnings about how it unstable  

in 2022 it is must to have 64bit hardware cause most programs are now made for it.  32bit is out of date for most part and  one day there will be no 32bit versions. i would suggest  planning on upgrade in the next few years 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.