Mnemonica Streeter

revoking license of paid items

Question

I have purchased a baby from funsies store and also other items but I had issues since labor and with their support desk but issues did not resolved and also my license revoked so I have wasted over 20k for nothing can I do anything for that, is it so easy for a seller to just revoke a paid item license and customer do nothing about it?

5 answers to this question

That's a matter between you and the merchant.  It doesn't appear to violate the TOS, so Linden Lab is not likely to do anything if you submit an AR.  I suggest a polite conversation with the merchant to see what you can work out.  

We have tried that the past few weeks but did not came to any solution, how can linden labs allow that kind of items since any customer be a victim of any seller that can so simple make a purchased item disappear and not even get a refund

3 minutes ago, Mnemonica Streeter said:

We have tried that the past few weeks but did not came to any solution, how can linden labs allow that kind of items since any customer be a victim of any seller that can so simple make a purchased item disappear and not even get a refund

Most products do not rely on some type of outside service or other situation where they can disable or take back a product that someone has purchased.  For those that do, there is always the risk that something may happen which would make that product become unusable - whether it's revocation of a license as you mentioned, or the outside service being shut down because the merchant decides to go out of business, etc.

When you think about the volume of transactions that take place between merchants and customers in SL, I don't think it would be possible for LL to monitor all of it and to settle consumer disputes, especially when there are two sides to any dispute and both side are always certain that they are in the right and that their actions were justified.     

yes I understand there is no way to monitor all these but maybe linden labs should have completely removed that kind of function as any script that seller puts in the item can give abilities to do whatever after the actual purchase 

I can understand why something like this is upsetting.  Linden Lab's word on this (in the TOS, Sect 6) is "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."  Notice the lawyerly phrase "we reserve the right, but not the obligation" , meaning that they won't normally get involved in something that's between residents and not a TOS violation.  They might, but it's not common, so don't count on it.  That's the best advice that any of us can offer you.

• Like 1