revoking license of paid items

Mnemonica Streeter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have purchased a baby from funsies store and also other items but I had issues since labor and with their support desk but issues did not resolved and also my license revoked so I have wasted over 20k for nothing can I do anything for that, is it so easy for a seller to just revoke a paid item license and customer do nothing about it?

8 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Mnemonica Streeter said:

We have tried that the past few weeks but did not came to any solution, how can linden labs allow that kind of items since any customer be a victim of any seller that can so simple make a purchased item disappear and not even get a refund

Most products do not rely on some type of outside service or other situation where they can disable or take back a product that someone has purchased.  For those that do, there is always the risk that something may happen which would make that product become unusable - whether it's revocation of a license as you mentioned, or the outside service being shut down because the merchant decides to go out of business, etc.

When you think about the volume of transactions that take place between merchants and customers in SL, I don't think it would be possible for LL to monitor all of it and to settle consumer disputes, especially when there are two sides to any dispute and both side are always certain that they are in the right and that their actions were justified.     

• Like 1

I can understand why something like this is upsetting.  Linden Lab's word on this (in the TOS, Sect 6) is "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users."  Notice the lawyerly phrase "we reserve the right, but not the obligation" , meaning that they won't normally get involved in something that's between residents and not a TOS violation.  They might, but it's not common, so don't count on it.  That's the best advice that any of us can offer you.

• Like 2

I've had a problem with Funsies as well. This dates back a few years, but the female owner is a very nasty woman. She not only banned me, but she erased or "de-rez" or took away my license for my son. Basically she "killed" him. Then she threatened me with a lawyer if I ever tried to fight back. This was after all the money spent on the Funsies company. 

I made the best out of bad situation. So I held a "funeral" for my Funsies son. The funeral was so packed, it ended up being standing room only. Still have photos from the funeral. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I had the same problem she not only reclaimed the baby we owned, banned us from the sim so we could not have the baby redelivered rendering everything and all the money we had put into it useless.  She's a con artist.  This is a bad creator to deal with and I wouldn't advise her product to anyone.  Apparently, this is a wide spread problem, I wonder when Linden Labs is going to wise up about this woman.

• Sad 1

It's risky to buy products that rely on support outside SL. There doesn't even have to be malicious intent on the part of the seller. I bought several pricey tools that create sculpty landscaping, like rocks and waterfalls, and create sculpty buildings from a prim-based template. They rely on an external website to function. Unfortunately, the creator left SL and took down the website, so of course, the products no longer function.

Linden Lab assumes that when you buy something, you've done your research and weighed up the pros and cons.

The whole area of virtual pregnancy/childbirth/child raising is largely roleplay, and wherever there is roleplay, there is Drama. I'm not surprised that the Drama spills over into the creators who make props for this part of Second Life.

Put these two facts together and...well, this happens.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.