Mesh Body Tweaks

MrsSeren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just curious how many times since you got your mesh body and or mesh head (you can have system head for this thread too as not anti system head); how many times you changed you look since you originally got it.

I got my Maitreya Lara in Apr 2015; since then I changed the skin 4 times; originally was wearing WoW skins however since gone to Lumae; had elf ears but since discarded however found some cute ones by Swallow which I may get and end up changing my skin yet again - we shall see.

Number of changes: 4 to date.

If you can suggest a better title for this thread; I'd be grateful as can't think of one so this will do for now. :D

Edited by MrsSeren

I started this account as a clothing dummy back in 2014. I have a Maitreya body, Hourglass,  Freya, a couple of *gasp* Sking bodies and body parts, Kemono, Ebody and a few others.

Heads I have a couple of Catwas, a Lelutka, a fiore, and a couple of Genus heads.

So we’re talking well into the double digits with this body over the last five years.

I love to tinker, so switching it up is pretty normal for me. If I’m bored, I’ll sit there make a shape from scratch and just let it happen. If I like it I’ll save it. My appearance folder is full of looks that I like but I just haven’t worn yet, all different.

Since going to a mesh body Maitreya several years ago, I have made many different body shapes, as I use my own shapes that I make, some of the shapes I have made were done to accommodate a specific look or outfit and are only used rarely.  My main shape has been tweeked twice that I can recall to add a little more bust, and hip and thigh and leg size but not very much indeed.  As for head,  before going mesh, I got the system head the way I wanted it with the skin I wanted and left it that way until I went for mesh head.  I do not change skins unless I have to or I find a better one... because the skin features on the head look different with every skin.  When I went to the mesh head I demo'd over 30 different mesh heads over half a year before finding one that I could "tweak" to look as closely as possible to my original look.  I ended up with a Catwa head ..  I did finally change skins a few months ago, and opted for a skin maker who also made the appliers for the Catwa head so I could get a perfect match..  and I did have to tweak the head features some to get it all to work for me.  I will under no circumstances ever use a shape that comes with a body or a head.  If I can't modify it to change certain features and aspects of it then  I won't be buying it.   

Oh god, I couldn't count. I own Maitreya, Kemono and all the Belleza bodies, 36 mesh heads (I just counted), many many skins for that and endless shape changes. Then there's specialty avatar stuff like Piggu June. That's just on my main. I need to quit. Some things tend to stay the same though whatever the mesh body parts - very pale or white skin, and very blond or white hair.

I couldn't count either. I like change. Can't do it in my real life so may as well here.

I'm constantly tweaking shapes. Today I did it again because I wanted a more fleshy look for the Deetalez chubby applier that I bought for my Belleza body. I have it for Lara also but Freya needed it quite a bit rounder so a new shape was born. It does get messy in the inventory though. I'm not so good at keeping track. Between my own made shapes, those that come with mesh bodies or appliers (some of which I really do like - others not so much and discard) that I leave as is or tweak I'm sure there are dozens at minimum that I use on and off.

12 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I couldn't count either. I like change. Can't do it in my real life so may as well here.

I'm constantly tweaking shapes. Today I did it again because I wanted a more fleshy look for the Deetalez chubby applier that I bought for my Belleza body. I have it for Lara also but Freya needed it quite a bit rounder so a new shape was born. It does get messy in the inventory though. I'm not so good at keeping track. Between my own made shapes, those that come with mesh bodies or appliers (some of which I really do like - others not so much and discard) that I leave as is or tweak I'm sure there are dozens at minimum that I use on and off.

What I like to do is save the look in Outfits. I name it something like Kristin Belleza Freya Chubby or Kristin Maitreya slim (yes I name my shapes). Then I throw up the appliers for the head and body so in the off chance I didn’t unpack a fresh body or head, I don’t have to hunt through all my skins.

I was playing around with some of the older looks I saved from like 2014 last weekend. This was before I started saving the appliers with the outfit. Holy crap, that made it more complicated hunting for appliers!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.