I'm getting tired of this

Nucainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't log in on Second Life from very early yesterday. Whenever I try to log in any place, the viewer stops running on "loading the world" and then crashes, so I have to run another instance and try again just to get the same thing. I know there are issues with the server and teleports but hey .. at least let me log in please, so I can continue doing my online activities and talking to my friends.

I'm tired of this 🙁

Edited by Nucainn
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's because I'm still finding my feet after an extended hiatus away and not a huge amount of available time to spend inworld, or my laptop is a potato or what, but I'm starting to lose patience with it too. Latest thing is that I'm suddenly apparently missing a text plugin, which may be why I can't use the search function at all, meaning I can't TP anywhere unless I already have the landmark or someone sends the TP my way. Recently bought an item three times because it kept disappearing from my inventory (yeah I know, but I really liked it, it wasn't expensive and the creator was unresponsive). Was thinking of buying a vehicle to assist with my plans to explore on land but recent threads have made me reconsider; it seems that to have a realistic chance of making it work, you need a level of technical knowledge that I'm not going to possess in the foreseeable future. 

Obviously I am never actually going to completely give up on SL, and as I'm not a Premium member I'm aware that I don't really have a leg to stand on. Just saying I hear your frustrations. I have a few years of immersive inworld experience from last time, so I know SL's potential, but there do seem to be a lot of obstacles at the moment.

25 minutes ago, Nucainn said:

I can't log in on Second Life from very early yesterday. Whenever I try to log in any place, the viewer stops running on "loading the world" and then crashes, so I have to run another instance and try again just to get the same thing. I know there are issues with the server and teleports but hey .. at least let me log in please, so I can continue doing my online activities and talking to my friends.

I'm tired of this 🙁

Open the viewer (do not log in)  go to Help - About and paste the details here.  It can sometimes help people to diagnose an issue you might have

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

as I'm not a Premium member I'm aware that I don't really have a leg to stand on.

thats nonsense... SL is offered as free to play, you may expect thats at least what is offered, otherwise they should promote it different.
Being premium gives some advatages, and thats great, but makes no SL elite .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nucainn said:

I'm tired of this 🙁

This is just a shot in the dark, so no guarantee can be offered.

When ever I have log in problems as you described, I check the compatibly tab in the desktop tab.

Right click on the viewer tab you are using (SL Viewer, Firestorm, Singularity, whatever) and click on "Properties". Find the tab labeled "Compatibility". A drop down menu will appear showing various OS's. In my case, it will sometimes revert to Vista (no idea why). FYI, I'm running on a Win7 system. I check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", highlight Windows 7, click apply then OK to close the properties window and that takes care of my problem, I'm able to log in.

If you are using Win10, so be it, click on it or the version closest to what you are using (If it shows Win8, click it). It has saved me times where I would try un/reinstalling the viewer. In fact, when I have a problem when most problems come up after I know the program worked well before, I follow that procedure.

Not a guarantee it will clear up the problem, but it is a place to start.

win7.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

thats nonsense... SL is offered as free to play, you may expect thats at least what is offered, otherwise they should promote it different.
Being premium gives some advatages, and thats great, but makes no SL elite .

Yes, I guess so. I just kind of feel that I don't really have a right to complain about something if I'm not paying for it (although obviously I do anyway). Although I do buy Ls, so I'm putting money in even though I don't see myself ever going Premium.

At this rate, though, it'll be a long time before I'm buying any more Ls, because right now I just can't seem to get an experience that's playable to the point where I'd want them.

7 hours ago, Nucainn said:

I'm tired of this 🙁

This should help.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail

Edited by Selene Gregoire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.