Transaction History

Hideaki Komachi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Only the last 3 months of L$ transactions are available via your account page. 

if you'r premium... otherwise only a month

basic: These are your Linden Dollar (L$) transactions for the previous month.

premium: hese are your Linden Dollar (L$) transactions for the previous 3 months

8 hours ago, Hideaki Komachi said:

I need the transaction history for tax reasons.

ehm.. L$ are game tokens, those can't normally be used for TAX purposes.( at least not in europe) only after selling and process credit it's subject to taxes.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

13 hours ago, Hideaki Komachi said:

Is there a way to get previous transaction history?

I participated in a relay for life charity auction back in december, and I need the transaction history for tax reasons.

As the others said, you can't get your $L transaction history that far back.

But for tax purposes, the only thing the IRS cares about is money that you have transferred OUT of Second Life.  You can see that under Account > Process Credit History.

Er...well, I would guess you're looking to find out how much money you contributed to charity, if you're talking about Relay for Life.  I can't think of any way to get data on that to document your tax return deduction.  You could make the claim without supporting data, and hope you aren't audited, or you could skip claiming this deduction.  Unless the amount was really large ($L25,000 or more) I'd forget about it.  It won't affect your tax bill significantly.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, mikka Davi said:

why does my L$ balence say 1300  when i just put in for 6000.  

no idea, your post is not a logic question
when you have 1300 and put in 6000 the end balance is 7300, so, or your didn't start with 1300 or you didn't really add 6000

Edited by Ethan Paslong

1 hour ago, Hideaki Komachi said:

That was partly why I was looking for the transaction info, I couldn't remember their name

inworld search "relay for life" is at top position, normally they should be able to help you.

Still wonderings however how you want to manage to get game tokens seen as post for rl taxes, not matter the amount, it's no money.

Ethan...in this case, it is real money.

Hideaki donated a large amount of $L to a charity.  She had to buy those $L with real money.  A similar situation:  I buy a car, and donate it to a charity.

In the USA, under certain circumstances, we can deduct charitable donations from our income to reduce our taxes.  This is what she's trying to do.

22 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ethan...in this case, it is real money.

Hideaki donated a large amount of $L to a charity.  She had to buy those $L with real money.  A similar situation:  I buy a car, and donate it to a charity.

In the USA, under certain circumstances, we can deduct charitable donations from our income to reduce our taxes.  This is what she's trying to do.

when it's about buying the L$ you can find it always in the Account history, it's only the L$ transactions that are only available for short time. But i don't see in the posts she did buy the L$, and a car isn't the same as a game token, a car has a economical value, game tokens don't, unless, and solely when sold and transfered to USD.

Relay for Life themself should provide the needed forms you actually paid. And i seriously doubt they can, because it's a inworld fundraiser, so not matching with a RL name, not likely they seen the actual amounts given, only a total for cash out.

You make it yourself quite difficult when donating this way .... to transfer a serious amount  rl money to L$ ..than donate and want to deduct for taxes. Direct gifts would be more transparant, less costs and less fees.... and less hussle to get proof.

• Like 1

Even with something that shows a person used RL US$ to buy L$ and then something else to show that some amount of L$ were given to a charity, it is questionable whether the IRS would allow it.  For one thing, if the money was spent in an auction, that implies you received something of value in return for your money.  Thus you could only deduct the contributed amount minus the value of said item(s) and getting a realistic value assigned to said "virtual" item(s) such that the IRS would accept it could prove to be a very interesting challenge.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.