Missing reviews

GenGuy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many times I have seen items listed on the marketplace that will claim x number of reviews yet when you look for them all it is found that in some cases many of the reviews are missing. One such glaring example is this item which states in it's listing that there are 34 reviews yet only ONE of them is viewable! See https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Spy-Cam-v17/217625 This particular seller has more than item that is failing to display anywhere near the number of stated reviews. So what is the poilicy on NOT showing ALL the reviews that is claimed in a listing??

4 minutes ago, GenGuy said:

Many times I have seen items listed on the marketplace that will claim x number of reviews yet when you look for them all it is found that in some cases many of the reviews are missing. One such glaring example is this item which states in it's listing that there are 34 reviews yet only ONE of them is viewable! See https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Spy-Cam-v17/217625 This particular seller has more than item that is failing to display anywhere near the number of stated reviews. So what is the poilicy on NOT showing ALL the reviews that is claimed in a listing??

I think, but someone will correct me if I am wrong, when the old marketplace migrated to the new one it kept the review figures but not the actual text.  So anything from before 2010/11 is missing but the figures of reviews remains the same.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I think, but someone will correct me if I am wrong, when the old marketplace migrated to the new one it kept the review figures but not the actual text.  So anything from before 2010/11 is missing but the figures of reviews remains the same.

Thank you Cindy - if what you say is correct it is a major oversight by those responsible for the migration in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, GenGuy said:

Thank you Cindy - if what you say is correct it is a major oversight by those responsible for the migration in my opinion.

Actually I think it is a great feature, it is an instant reminder on how old the product is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My understanding is that old reviews (before what is now the Marketplace was owned by Linden Lab) were allowed to have no text at all, simply a "star" rating. The number of stars is the average and these old "stars only" reviews are included.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

My understanding is that old reviews (before what is now the Marketplace was owned by Linden Lab) were allowed to have no text at all, simply a "star" rating. The number of stars is the average and these old "stars only" reviews are included.

That's my understanding as well. There are some who have suggested we go back to the stars only reviews as people seemed to leave reviews more readily in those days. I'm not sure that's the case though.

15 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

That's my understanding as well. There are some who have suggested we go back to the stars only reviews as people seemed to leave reviews more readily in those days. I'm not sure that's the case though.

Depends if it is a product people want to publicly admit buying...

The snu snu industry would clearly get more reviews if they were anonymous.

Edited by Fionalein

18 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Another reason ppl left more reviews was that LL made it so easy. You could, for example, go to a page of your purchases with thumbnails and review them easily. 

But it is a really good thing to require a review, not just stars, so prospective buyers are informed.

Edited by Pamela Galli

• Moderators

Greetings!

Everyone is correct!

The original SLExchange/XstreetSL Marketplace did not require review comments.  Buyers could leave a just a star rating, or they could leave a star rating & review comments on their purchases. 

These were originally called just that, Ratings and Reviews, since they could be separate. 

When products that were listed on that old Marketplace system were migrated to the SL Marketplace, the Ratings & Reviews were also migrated with the listings so some old listings may only have Star Ratings with no actual Review Comments on them. 

• Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1841 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.