Face Animation for Genus

FernandaCassia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, FernandaCassia said:

Do you know of any store with good facial expressions for Genus head?

No. And I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about this.

The facial expression HUDs that I've tried do not work well on Genus: they tend to end up grotesquely exaggerated. The exception is the Lelutka Axis HUD, which allows you to fine-tune facial expressions, but of course it produces a "pose" rather than animation.

The VISTA Bento AO that I'm using (the name of which I forget) isn't bad, but it's full body, and I've actually stopped using the Bento head settings for it in favour of the animations that are built into the Genus animation HUD: in general, they are better and more subtle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FernandaCassia said:

I found now a Hud in the Flickr called [HD] bento Facial expression HUD, I tried the Demo and is perfection.

But, I accept new tips.

That would be the one from Chrysanthemum. I have been telling people for the last year (well, ever since Genus head was first released as beta) that Chrysanthemum was the defacto best there is. :) You may want to look into their other stuff also. The Dance Expressions HUD is awesome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That would be the one from Chrysanthemum. I have been telling people for the last year (well, ever since Genus head was first released as beta) that Chrysanthemum was the defacto best there is. :) You may want to look into their other stuff also. The Dance Expressions HUD is awesome!

Plus there is the free Yawn and Sneeze if you are in the group as group gifts..those are just outside the store in the yard..

I put those on and set them to random and it's hilarious and fun when I start yawning and sneezing over and over..hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, FernandaCassia said:

I found now a Hud in the Flickr called [HD] bento Facial expression HUD, I tried the Demo and is perfection.

But, I accept new tips.

I’m thinking [HD] is Happy Dispatch.

I know I’ve been using that one since the beta for static facial expressions because both the eye and mouth expressions are adjustable. So while the default expressions don’t look right,  when you turn down the sliders they look pretty good!

The fact that you can mix and match the eye and mouth expressions give it more value. There are literally thousands of expressions you can make just from the combinations and adjusting them.

• Like 1

Yes, [HD] is very good, just the smile that I found very open. 
For smile I tried Bento Adjustable Facial Pose - Laugh and Atblue. Bento Face Poses - Smile 1-4, both  good. 
Chrysanthemum's is somewhat better because it is adjustable and also AO.

Edited by FernandaCassia

16 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

any of these huds will work with Genius???

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.