Order Status: Delivery partially failed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I have a problem and I hope someone give me an explanation. is some time that my orders come out Partially Failed Delivery and I have no linden transactions.
# Total charged by your store: L $ 350
Total # Received by your store before fees: L $ 0

Why does this happen?
What should I do because it does not happen?
I find many transactions in this way, and I do not know what to do.
The magic box is rezzed on my land, if I reset tells me that is in communication with the marketplace, there are items in the inventory, have all been edited and yet still have this problem.
Thanks to those who can help me.

The Marketplace is chaos for non-deliveries lately, especially using the multi-buy feature. Hopefully your customers are being suitably refunded by LL for the failed deliveries and I doubt that the problem is with your box or account, it is more likely a problem with the MP as its happening to so many different merchants.

There have been delivery issues on and off lately. There really hasn't been an official explanation of why it is happening, other that what we know already (that the multiple item/multiple merchant shopping cart is one of the causes). Mine were getting snagged "in queue" as were others, and if you file a ticket, those transactions can be cleared out/delivered/completed. As of today, I'm starting to get reports of "Delivered" items that weren't really delivered/received, and "Being Delivered" just hanging there.  Usually, when I see a "Delivery Partially Failed" it has to do with multiple items in the shopping cart and since the ones that were from my store "seem" to go thru, I am assuming it is other things in the cart that failed. My best advice is watch your im's and emails/notecards for customers who report non-receipt so you can help them, watch the forums to see if it is a widespread problem, and if you see that something is "Delivered" but you didn't receive the funds, file a support ticket right away.

I lost a sale in SLM today from a failed SLM delivery.  I couldnt re-deliver because it "failed".

I also have to fix a delivery yesterday.  Seems like a daily event now.  WTH is going on with SLM?  I still say this is LL quietly tinkering with the new DD.

Notice that we are well into May and still no Blog from Brooke on this new DD.

I'm having a similar issue with the marketplace. I have quite a few "Delivery partially failed" transactions showing up in my history and I don't know what to do. I was contacted by a customer saying that he has paid me but has not received his item. When I checked the order history it says that it was "Not paid".

I don't know what to do or what to tell my customers. Do you guys know if they have in fact paid? Are they being refunded? Should I send them the item anyways even though I didn't receive the money?

I wrote a ticket to LL but I don't know what to do in the meantime.

Same thing, too. I also had to pay for purchases ... customer is paid by their statement. It seems to me but not paid. The goods are delivered after a long long time, but the payment does not arrive. I did ticket to LL, but until now no answer.

Since yesterday the deliveries are taking place regularly, but no one knows just how hard this regularity.
All this is very annoying.

Yep.

More examples of why my plan is set up less to make money than to avoid losing money.

I don´t pay for listing enhancements because the products might not be available often enough to cover the enhancements.

I don't have multiple magic boxes, either, because I don't see any point in paying extra rent that ultimately goes to LL; that's just rewarding them for making additional magic boxes "necessary".

I don't have any offerings that will create a big difference between delivery and non-delivery. If a customer orders, I make sure they get what they ordered one way or another. If I get paid, too, that's great. Customers come back because they got what they ordered. But trying to track down every loose $L would be working for the system when I can (and DO) make the system work for me instead. Also, being stingy with confused customers makes LL's problem your problem and your customer's problem. Why do that? I just send the thing. And I also usually something else, free, just to show who they can really trust.

I realize that opens the door to getting ripped off here and there by LL if they want to try to confuse me (or just can't help doing it) with inconsistent payment and delivery data, but my products are so cheap that for that to warrant any effort on their part, they'd probably have to do it with so many transacions that they could not possibly explain them all as "anomaly".

The rules explain how the system is supposed to work, but there is another set of rules that explains how it actually works. If you play by the second set of rules (as I do), you might make a little less money, but you might also lose a lot less money. Either way, you'll spend less time hitting your head against your computer desk... and no one is paying you for such trouble.... are they? What is your time worth per hour?

If you let this place turn play into work, you lose whether someone else wins or not.

I'd rather just get paid to play (and I DO).

That's pretty much the same thing I do. If I can redeliver through marketplace(rarely) I do. But normally I just send whatever it was in-world. Quite often they get something for their trouble too. Even if I never recieved payment. It's really not that big of a deal to me(and price doesn't change that sentiment, whether it's a freebie of a 5k+ item, not that I have any that expensive, lol). One "lost profit" to save a customer relationship is definitely a risk I am willing to take. Without a second thought.

I tend to take a "I'd rather assume the best and be proven wrong. Than assume the worst and be proven wrong" approach with most things in life. Because the latter would make me feel like a donkey's butt(I hate regret, avoid it like the plague). I tend to take things at face value and don't delve too far into potential ulterior motives, either. If someone ims me and says.. "hey I bought something and didn't get it", I get right on it as soon as I can. I DO check records, but that's merely out of habit not necessity. I redliver through marketplace every once in a great while but not very often. Usually I just thank them, apologize for the marketplace not delivering, offer sympathy as I too have dealt with misdeliveries, send them the item and almost always something that would go well with it. Perhaps I take too nice of an approach, and I have been told this many times, lol. But I'd rather do that than worry about the lindens I didn't get, or whether or not the customer might be lying to me. Eh, if they are, so be it. I'd prefer to think most folks don't do that. I know a lot of people think thats too optimistic or pollyana-ish, but I like it that way.

I love building, I love creating, and of course I love making money doing what I love. Sl is not work, even when I'm working. It's certainly not always easy, but I still absolutely LOVE it. I love frustrating my own self. I love when LL changes something and it breaks a product and I have to not only figure it out, but fix it. I love when I get things wrong, or break things(which happens when you tinker the way I do). I love disgruntled customers as much as the pleased as punch crowd. I love being able to enjoy something so thoroughly that ANY amount of money I make, is awesome. Not everyone has that same stance, not everyone *can(and I would never knock them, of course). I'm glad to be one of the ones who can though. I avoid anything in sl that might even slightly make me rethink my approach. I don't want to, I like my approach and it works well for me.

OK. I think I solved the problem.
Poor communication between the MP and Magic Box

I post the solution to the problem, if it can help someone.

If your listings are showing as Unavailable on your Manage Inventory list or the sales of all of your products are failing then there is an issue with the Marketplace communicating with your Magic Box in world.

I am including the steps here to fully reset your Magic Box. If this does not correct the issue, please ask to have the region where your Magic Box is locate restarted then reset the Magic Box again.

This should fully restore all of the communications between the Marketplace web site and your Magic Box on the region.

Make sure you are using the most recent version of the Magic Box, located here:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Xstreet-SL-Magic-Box/36791

1. Go to your Magic Box Status Page that is linked under your Merchant Home Page on the Second Life Marketplace and remove all of the Magic Boxes you have listed there.

2. Go in-world and "Touch" each Magic Box and select Reset from the popup menu that appears.

3. Wait. Do not reset your Boxes again during this time or you will risk having your Box show up with incorrect data and your items will remain inactive). The Magic Box colors will change during the communication process. Once the Magic Box returns to the default color, the communication process is complete and the Magic Box should be re-linked to the web site.

4. After the Magic Box color changes back to the default, go to your Manage Inventory page on the Second Life Marketplace and click on the "Sync Marketplace with Magic Boxes" button located on the right side of the page.

I have lost over 600+$L on a salt lick, a baby house and a gift I sent to my RL wife and this is what I get back?????

Thank you for contacting support about this issue.
As a Basic Account Holder, this level of support through the    ticket system is only available to premium account holders.

We encourage you to look through the  Knowledge Base, the blogs, the forums, and the wiki to solve this problem.

Regards,

NikiaM Scout

Customer Support

Linden Lap

I have looked in the Knowledge Base and cuz I am not a premium account holder am I going to get ant help???? So am I just out of the 600+$L. Looking through the Knowledge Base, the blogs, the forums, and the wiki still will not redeliver or give me back the lindins that I spent on it? So how does it help looking at the  Knowledge Base, the blogs, the forums, and the wiki ????????????????????????????????

Not sure why you got that response...maybe it is worth trying another support ticket? Just be sure to create the ticket and select:

Select Marketplace-->Failed Marketplace Delivery

Enter the information requested (you'll find it on the Marketplace under "My Account --> Order History")

Click Submit at bottom of page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4744 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.