can i add a new avatar

littlepaddy1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• hi as a new to the game can you add new avatars to see the one you like to keep playing within the game or do you have to make new accounts can i have help with this as I'm very new the game but have love watching the videos on youtube so I had to come to play the game 

You can make as many avatars as you like, or change the avatar you have as much as you wish. I have 4 different avatars i use depending on my mood at the time, plus various variations that come about as i mix parts from them.

55 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

You can make as many avatars as you like, or change the avatar you have as much as you wish. I have 4 different avatars i use depending on my mood at the time, plus various variations that come about as i mix parts from them.

do you know how to add an avatar as I'm so now to this game so have not got a lot on the game yet

12 minutes ago, littlepaddy1 said:

do you know how to add an avatar as I'm so now to this game so have not got a lot on the game yet

if it is just a change of avatar, there are  a lot different looks in the library parts of your inventory

5a9f0b31857d99215c552af6fbdd4019.png

inventory/library/clothing/

there the choice for Initial/more and older outfits

e042b6bfc828b4531caf1b4bf77efd84.png

Edited by Ethan Paslong

37 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

if it is just a change of avatar, there are  a lot different looks in the library parts of your inventory

5a9f0b31857d99215c552af6fbdd4019.png

inventory/library/clothing/

there the choice for Initial/more and older outfits

e042b6bfc828b4531caf1b4bf77efd84.png

and to add a new avatar

41 minutes ago, littlepaddy1 said:

and to add a new avatar

those folders contain all kind of free avatars... dozens... if you want a more sofisticated/custom look you'll have to buy components created by others, for that you need to have sufficient time to shop inworld or MP/lindens and inspiration ( in any order).

Are you perhaps confusing "avatar" and "account"?

2 hours ago, littlepaddy1 said:

If you want to try out some of the other LL supplied avatars, click on Me in your menu click 'Choose an Avatar'. 

image.png.10684eae045c423d84b367cfbd3e8f7e.png

Then click one of the pictures - scroll to the side to see more choices

image.png.d60722edd09a85fd98ef22cc2572ace3.png

Additionally, as Ethan mentioned, they are all stored in the Library - including some older ones that are not in the above pictured set.  If you expand out Library / Clothing / Initial Outfits, then you'll see a bunch - many of which are the same as the pictured avatars from the menu.

Within the Library stuff, right click an avatar folder name and select 'Replace Current Outfit'. 

image.png.275ce8c4104f991f52ba9c172f50d0d9.png                

You will end up wearing that avatar and it will copy that folder to your own Clothing folder:

image.png.af3f9e8eb22440b6c553bf15b8efcb69.png

Once the entire avatar is in your own Clothing folder, to swap between them, simply right click one and click 'Replace Current Outfit'.

The other folders under Library / Clothing have other avatars and are worn/used the same way.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Each account is an "avatar" and you cannot have more than one per account. You can, however, have as many different outfits, appearances, and personae on that account as you wish. You can even switch genders inside that one account if you want to; or hair color, or race, or species, or any and all of those at once, as often as you'd like. 

For a completely separate avatar, however, with a different name, etc., you'd need to create an "alt" account. Many people have several of those for various purposes. Keep in mind each alt is its own separate entity with its own inventory; unless your items are transferable, you won't be able to share items between them. 

• Like 1

I think you should get rid of your "game" thinking, as you seem to be heavily influenced by what you would expect from games in term of avatars/character creation. Its totally different in SL. You have your account and you have your avatar. You don't add new avatars, you change how your avatar looks like. People here usually don't think or talk about having different avatars, just because they are changing apperance, maybe unless its a really drastic change. But you'll be always "you", same name and everything. And the deeper you get into customizing your avatar, the more you'll notice that getting a "complete" avatar is the exclusion from the rule, that can usually only be found with avatars that have to be a complete package in order to look and function correctly (for example: Furry avatars or other non-human avatars).

Much more common is to buy individual parts and put them together to create a unique look. There are even stores, that specialize in one single category of avatar parts and only sell that. For example the store I got my hairstyle from only sells hair.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I think you should get rid of your "game" thinking, as you seem to be heavily influenced by what you would expect from games in term of avatars/character creation. Its totally different in SL. You have your account and you have your avatar. You don't add new avatars, you change how your avatar looks like. People here usually don't think or talk about having different avatars, just because they are changing apperance, maybe unless its a really drastic change. But you'll be always "you", same name and everything. And the deeper you get into customizing your avatar, the more you'll notice that getting a "complete" avatar is the exclusion from the rule, that can usually only be found with avatars that have to be a complete package in order to look and function correctly (for example: Furry avatars or other non-human avatars).

Much more common is to buy individual parts and put them together to create a unique look. There are even stores, that specialize in one single category of avatar parts and only sell that. For example the store I got my hairstyle from only sells hair.

I think you need to think that maybe they are people playing the game that is autistic and dyslexia and the way you come across as rude to new players

20 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you want to try out some of the other LL supplied avatars, click on Me in your menu click 'Choose an Avatar'. 

image.png.10684eae045c423d84b367cfbd3e8f7e.png

Then click one of the pictures - scroll to the side to see more choices

image.png.d60722edd09a85fd98ef22cc2572ace3.png

Additionally, as Ethan mentioned, they are all stored in the Library - including some older ones that are not in the above pictured set.  If you expand out Library / Clothing / Initial Outfits, then you'll see a bunch - many of which are the same as the pictured avatars from the menu.

Within the Library stuff, right click an avatar folder name and select 'Replace Current Outfit'. 

image.png.275ce8c4104f991f52ba9c172f50d0d9.png                

You will end up wearing that avatar and it will copy that folder to your own Clothing folder:

image.png.af3f9e8eb22440b6c553bf15b8efcb69.png

Once the entire avatar is in your own Clothing folder, to swap between them, simply right click one and click 'Replace Current Outfit'.

The other folders under Library / Clothing have other avatars and are worn/used the same way.

thank you-you have been very helpful I hope I see you in the game some time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, littlepaddy1 said:

I think you need to think that maybe they are people playing the game that is autistic and dyslexia and the way you come across as rude to new players

I'm not sure if I understand your sentence completely. I see no connection between my comment and someone who has autism or dyslexia (and grouping the two so randomly together seems weird to me). If you want to criticise my comment, go ahead and adress directly what parts of it seem to be rude to you and why.

In my opinion I gave a clear, down-to-the-point answer, that adresses the core problem many people have, who come to SL with a gameing mindset. Keeping this mindset makes learning more difficult and it leads to misunderstanding and confusion between those that want to help and the person that asks for help. Last but not least, I come from a cultural background where tip-toeing around stuff or sugarcoating things is not the norm in the same extend as it might be elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.