Animate on Wear Script

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I suspect it's nothing you can avoid, although I can't say that I have noticed that effect myself. Animations are run by your own graphics card, so it may just be taking some time for the card to sort out competing requests.  It is certainly possible to be animated by more than one anim at a time -- yes, in SL you can walk and chew gum at the same time -- so there's nothing in SL's architecture that should force your AO to stall if you start or stop another anim.  At least, I can't think of anything. 

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's a bug & a very weird bug - basically llStopAnimation will stop all avatar animations on detach if the detached objects instance key is lower then your avatar key.

BUG-225288 - llStopAnimation is stopping all animations on detach instead of only the one specified

Mazidox Linden added a comment - 20/Aug/18 2:03 PM

We're going to confer with the relevant stakeholders to determine how to go forward with this report, thanks!

first i've heard this bafflegab from an authorized Lab authority. i take it this Linden means they are going to be confering with US the users ("stakeholders")?

Easy fix! Just rez on the floor and unpack manually. Problem solved.

NOT being sarcastic, I've very serious. I never attach any box or HUD or whatever. I always rez on the floor. If it has an auto-unpacker then fine. If not then I clock the old-fashioned "OPEN" and copy from that window into my inventory where I want it to be.

I so hate those silly animations when unpacking new stuff. Not only is there that "pose-freeze" when detaching it, it kind of feels like they are hijacking my AO - animating me without my permission.

6 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I think by "stakeholders" he means product. So I guess that's Grumpity.

could mean anything. as the handful of Lindens looking at it left what was the curious involved community nothing but cryptic and arcane mumbledegoop (including an earlier SVC reference i'm not allowed to access). this issue, as reported by a Mole in 2018 has been going on since my early days (forever). it's open to the public to view but the common everyday user has no way of commenting without sending a snail mail authorization to the Lab's offices. we're now just in for the ride. sigh. oh for those days of angst and revolution before the Ruskie V2 came out.

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Easy fix! Just rez on the floor and unpack manually. Problem solved.

NOT being sarcastic, I've very serious. I never attach any box or HUD or whatever. I always rez on the floor. If it has an auto-unpacker then fine. If not then I clock the old-fashioned "OPEN" and copy from that window into my inventory where I want it to be.

I so hate those silly animations when unpacking new stuff. Not only is there that "pose-freeze" when detaching it, it kind of feels like they are hijacking my AO - animating me without my permission.

i agree with you Alyona. there are far too many unknowns available for users to communicate with their consumers. everytime i add a demo i'm never sure what to expect.  in this case, the attachment is a prop needing to be attached for the embedded script to activate the animation. if the JIRA issue Whirly referred us to is anything to go by, it's a known issue and is "resolved" shortly after being posted. meaning what i'm just not sure.

5 minutes ago, EnCore Mayne said:

i agree with you Alyona. there are far too many unknowns available for users to communicate with their consumers. everytime i add a demo i'm never sure what to expect.  in this case, the attachment is a prop needing to be attached for the embedded script to activate the animation. if the JIRA issue Whirly referred us to is anything to go by, it's a known issue and is "resolved" shortly after being posted. meaning what i'm just not sure.

It means their (Linden Lab) attention to it and giving it any thought whatsoever has been resolved. LOL

And to be clear; I don't "always rez to unbox" things because of some animate me (though that is actually a *major* annoyance to me) - but rather because that was, more or less, how you did it back in 2006. There were very, very rarely ever any kind of unpacker script (there were giver scripts, etc, the creators just weren't;t thinking to use them for unboxing stuff). Even the old new-account tutorial explained how to rez a box, right-click and choose OPEN then click the "copy contents to inventory" button.

For me it's beyond habit - it's *muscle-memory* now. it just happens without my even thinking about it.

I'll challenge anyone, anywhere, anytime to have a race: Give me ten plain boxes with content and you (general you) get to have ten "bags" or HUDs you attach with click-to unpack contents. Someone says GO! I'll bet real Linden Dollars I'll be twice as fast. Bahaha!

But seriously: Animating me without asking permission FIRST is really bad form and rude and that those animations often freeze or worse: deform my avatar is annoying of the most high. STOP IT.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.