Add credit card

gywls0524

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

In my second life account, I want to change my payment method because my present credit card is expired.

so I add new credit card avalialbe but it's not registerd.

And then I remove my older credit card and retry this but it's failed too

First, why adding process do not function?

second, If I would not cost the premium fee right now, what happen?

6 answers to this question

Be sure that you are trying to add a real credit card -- not a debit card or a pre-paid card of any kind.  Almost none of those are acceptable for use in Second Life. That has been true for several years, but the rules seem to have been enforced more strictly in the past couple of years.  People who may have been able to use a debit or prepaid card in the past are generally finding that the option is no longer available when the card expires and is renewed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gywls0524 said:

If I would not cost the premium fee right now, what happen?

if you want to keep your premium you have to be sure there are funds on your USD balance ( by selling enough L$) ór be in time to add a new accepted payment method.
When you are too late with a new payment method, and too late to downgrade to basic, you'r account goes in arrear and you have a limited time to get your balance straightened out.
If you'r too late with that your account goes on hold. (=locked)

Just remember... when your account is on hold the premium subscription officially keeps proceeding.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 2:23 AM, hideo Yalin said:

My credit card inspired. therefore, I want to update credit card registration with new term. but I do not understand how to do this.  tks in advance

From the Knowledge Base:

Changing stored payment information

To change stored information about one of your payment methods, you must delete that payment method and re-enter it.  You may delete a stored payment method by clicking Remove next to that payment method on the Billing Information page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.